It is said, "The UAW represents the graduate workers and some of the academic
staff at Columbia as well as the adjunct faculty at Barnard College, Columbia’s
sister school."
https://www.leftvoice.org/dispatches-from-labor-notes-2024-solidarity-with-columbia-students-against-repression/

The UAW Region 9A twitter page says, "UAW Region 9A stands with Columbia
students & workers facing unjust arrest for peacefully protesting the
institution’s complicity in the atrocities in Gaza. This attack on our members'
essential right to protest is an attack on all of us."
https://twitter.com/UAWRegion9A/status/1781398061677166764

A solidarity statement to sign is announced: "The Student Workers of Columbia —
a local of the United Auto Workers (UAW) — has put out a call for solidarity in
an attempt to build a strong democratic campaign against the repression. We
repost the statement below and urge unions, organizations, intellectuals, and
activists to sign the call.
https://www.leftvoice.org/student-workers-of-columbia-union-calls-for-solidarity-against-repression-and-in-defense-of-the-right-to-protest/

* The statement signing page is at

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLScHA6XY8_B40zxf8Mbhys2fXYQKMUkBJ9sPKtLn6MNqUGMuww/viewform

Do UAW graduate student and worker locals have the power to do more than gather
signatures on statements of protest against the hard repression by Columbia U.?

View/Reply Online (#30045): https://groups.io/g/marxmail/message/30045
-=-=-
POSTING RULES & NOTES
#1 YOU MUST clip all extraneous text when replying to a message.
#2 This mail-list, like most, is publicly & permanently archived.
#3 Subscribe and post under an alias if #2 is a concern.
#4 Do not exceed five posts a day.
-=-=-
Group Owner: marxmail+ow...@groups.io