-An Interview with Jill Stein - CounterPunch.org

|  |  |

|  |
An Interview with Jill Stein

Michael Hudson – Radhika Desai

RADHIKA DESAI: Hello and welcome to the 27th Geopolitical Economy Hour, the
show that examines the fast-changing...

|  |  |

|  |
An Interview with Jill Stein

Michael Hudson – Radhika Desai

RADHIKA DESAI: Hello and welcome to the 27th Geopolitical Economy Hour, the
show that examines the fast-changing...

And today, we not only have a guest, but a very special one. As many of you
will know, Jill Stein is running for president of the United States on the
Green Party ticket. “Ho-hum”, you will say. “So what? She’s not going to win;
third-party candidates never do. So what’s the point?”

Well, things never change until they do. They often take longer to change than
most imagine, but then, when the change comes, it happens quicker than anyone
might have anticipated.

The reason why Michael and I are advising Jill on policy, why we support her
candidacy so fully, and why we are doing everything we can to advance her
cause, is that there has never been an election in which a third-party
candidate has a greater chance of winning.

Over three decades ago, when the duopoly was much more secure, Ross Perot got
nearly 20% of the vote. Today, that duopoly has become a political zombie with
only the appearance of life. The opening for others is yawning wide, and Jill
is not only the only peace candidate in the fray of warmongers taking our world
towards another war, she’s the only supporter for the national and human rights
of Palestinians.

She’s also the only third-party candidate with ballot access in most states.
This is what matters if you’re going to be actually elected, rather than just
popular.

Even if victory remains a distant prospect, there has also never been a time
when it has been more possible and more urgent to shift the discourse. When
popular thirst for change has been greater, when the tenacity with which the
duopoly is fighting to prevent that thirst from being quenched has been
stronger. So it’s the meeting of the proverbial unstoppable force and the
immovable object. So anything can happen. This is the context.

View/Reply Online (#30077): https://groups.io/g/marxmail/message/30077
-=-=-
POSTING RULES & NOTES
#1 YOU MUST clip all extraneous text when replying to a message.
#2 This mail-list, like most, is publicly & permanently archived.
#3 Subscribe and post under an alias if #2 is a concern.
#4 Do not exceed five posts a day.
-=-=-
Group Owner: marxmail+ow...@groups.io