>I read in the Squid documentation
>(http://squid.nlanr.net/Squid/FAQ/FAQ-4.html#ss4.8) that "if you are behind
>a firewall then you can't make direct connections to the outside world, so
>you must use a parent cache."
>
>Is my Squid considered to be "behind a firewall, being that it is actually
>on the gateway itself and thus can access the external network through the
>external IP address of the second ethernet card?
I'm not sure what in your configuration is doing this, but right
now I am running squid on our gateway/firewall and it works fine.
It's been a while since I set up squid, so I can't help much, but it
can work. I should also note that I'm running a pretty old version
of squid (1.1.20).
John
_______________________________________________
Masq maillist - [EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://tiffany.indyramp.com/mailman/listinfo/masq
Admin requests can be handled by web (above) or
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
_______________________________________________
Masq maillist - [EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://tiffany.indyramp.com/mailman/listinfo/masq
Admin requests can be handled by web (above) or [EMAIL PROTECTED]