All of my home devices are on the same lan with a minihub.

Yes, I am sure. I ran TCPDUMP on both my linux interfaces. I can see the
ping 10.10.10.10 go through my eth1 an eth0.
However I can se the echo only on my eth1 (inside LAN card)

Here is my win 98 routes:

  Network Address          Netmask  Gateway Address        Interface  Metric
          0.0.0.0          0.0.0.0       10.0.0.221       10.0.0.223       1
          0.0.0.0          0.0.0.0       10.0.0.254       10.0.0.223       1
         10.0.0.0    255.255.255.0       10.0.0.223       10.0.0.223       1
       10.0.0.223  255.255.255.255        127.0.0.1        127.0.0.1       1
   10.255.255.255  255.255.255.255       10.0.0.223       10.0.0.223       1
        127.0.0.0        255.0.0.0        127.0.0.1        127.0.0.1       1
        224.0.0.0        224.0.0.0       10.0.0.223       10.0.0.223       1
  255.255.255.255  255.255.255.255       10.0.0.223          0.0.0.0       1

C:\WINDOWS>

One interesting thing is that when I connect to my dialup sympatico via
modem, (my win 98 10.0.0.223) and I try the PING 10.10.10.10, the packed
does NOT show in the TCPDUMP.  Probably it follows the modem route instead
of the lan.
Paolo Illing

----- Original Message -----
From: Martin J. Bligh <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: Paolo Illing <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>; <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Sunday, June 13, 1999 2:10 PM
Subject: Re: [Masq] Hole in my firewall ???


> > When I ping 10.10.10.x from my WIN98 computer, the ping goes through the
> > linux firewall instead of being routed by the cisco.  What is even more
> > puzzling is that the ping is successful !!!!
>
> Are you sure it's going through the firewall? Are you running all of your
> home
> devices on the same LAN, or is the ISDN router connected directly to the
> linux box via another ethernet card (from what you said, looks more like
the
> former). What are the routing tables on the Win98 box in particular, but
> really
> everything on your home LAN ... ?
>
> Martin.
>



_______________________________________________
Masq maillist  -  [EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://tiffany.indyramp.com/mailman/listinfo/masq
Admin requests can be handled by web (above) or [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Reply via email to