David A. Ranch <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> >    http://members.tripod.com/~djsf/masq-icq/
> 
> Does real-time chat and file transfers work yet?

Hmm, I have used the chat function, but not file transfers.  My meager
reading of the known ICQ protocol suggests that there's no particular
reason why this module wouldn't make them work.

However, the README for this module does say the following:

    Known bugs
    ~~~~~~~~~~
    1. File xfer/chat aren't fully supported.  I've tested it with
       these pairs of clients:

       Licq <-> Licq        ok
       ICQ99a <-> Licq      ok
       ICQ99a <-> ICQ99a    doesn't work (it uses strange protocol....)

    2. When forwarding direct connection from host with several
       clients, incorrect source UIN may be logged (nevertheless,
       everything except UIN logging works ok :) ).  Will be fixed in
       the next version (see TODO file)

I use the JavaICQ on my system, and it does work.

-- 
   [EMAIL PROTECTED] (Fuzzy Fox)      || "Nothing takes the taste out of peanut
sometimes known as David DeSimone  ||  butter quite like unrequited love."
  http://www.dallas.net/~fox/      ||                       -- Charlie Brown


_______________________________________________
Masq maillist  -  [EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://tiffany.indyramp.com/mailman/listinfo/masq
Admin requests can be handled by web (above) or [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Reply via email to