>I know from reading the documentation that the CHAT & FILE transfer features
>do not work if initiated from the Internet, but I did find it quite
>interesting that If " I " initiated the CHAT or FILE transfer, then everything
>worked flawlessly as I could chat and send files outbound.
This is a interesting twist.
>I am curious to know whether or not people on the external network must have
>their message sent using "Route through server"?
>
>Everyone used to have to do this to send me a message as the firewall blocked
>a direct connection every time they sent me messages? They also could not see
>my online status. Now with the module loaded, I think they can?
I only found this was the case if both the local and remote ICQ user were
behind a "non-SOCKs Proxy". If I ICQed to people directly on the Internet
while I was behind a IPMASQ box, things would work fine.
--David
.----------------------------------------------------------------------------.
| David A. Ranch - Linux/Networking/PC hardware [EMAIL PROTECTED] |
!---- ----!
`----- For more detailed info, see http://www.ecst.csuchico.edu/~dranch -----'
_______________________________________________
Masq maillist - [EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://tiffany.indyramp.com/mailman/listinfo/masq
Admin requests can be handled by web (above) or [EMAIL PROTECTED]
PLEASE read the HOWTO and search the archives before posting.