/* HINT: Search archives @ http://www.indyramp.com/masq/ before posting! */
Hello, I am trying to recompile my kernel and I can "make config" and "make
dep" it and then when I make zImage, I get the following error:
make[3]: Entering directory `/usr/src/linux-2.0.36/drivers/char'
gcc -D__KERNEL__ -I/usr/src/linux-2.0.36/include -Wall -Wstrict-prototypes -
O2 -fomit-frame-pointer -fno-strength-reduce -pipe -m486 -DCPU=486 -DMODVERS
IONS -DEXPORT_SYMTAB -c serial.c
gcc -D__KERNEL__ -I/usr/src/linux-2.0.36/include -Wall -Wstrict-prototypes -
O2 -fomit-frame-pointer -fno-strength-reduce -pipe -m486 -DCPU=486 -DMODVERS
IONS -DEXPORT_SYMTAB -c misc.c
gcc -D__KERNEL__ -I/usr/src/linux-2.0.36/include -Wall -Wstrict-prototypes -
O2 -fomit-frame-pointer -fno-strength-reduce -pipe -m486 -DCPU=486 -c -o
tty_io.o tty_io.c
gcc -D__KERNEL__ -I/usr/src/linux-2.0.36/include -Wall -Wstrict-prototypes -
O2 -fomit-frame-pointer -fno-strength-reduce -pipe -m486 -DCPU=486 -c -o
n_tty.o n_tty.c
gcc -D__KERNEL__ -I/usr/src/linux-2.0.36/include -Wall -Wstrict-prototypes -
O2 -fomit-frame-pointer -fno-strength-reduce -pipe -m486 -DCPU=486 -c -o
console.o console.c
gcc -D__KERNEL__ -I/usr/src/linux-2.0.36/include -Wall -Wstrict-prototypes -
O2 -fomit-frame-pointer -fno-strength-reduce -pipe -m486 -DCPU=486 -c -o
tty_ioctl.o tty_ioctl.c
gcc: Internal compiler error: program cc1 got fatal signal 11
make[3]: *** [tty_ioctl.o] Error 1
make[3]: Leaving directory `/usr/src/linux-2.0.36/drivers/char'
make[2]: *** [first_rule] Error 2
make[2]: Leaving directory `/usr/src/linux-2.0.36/drivers/char'
make[1]: *** [sub_dirs] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory `/usr/src/linux-2.0.36/drivers'
make: *** [linuxsubdirs] Error 2
and if I try make bzImage, I get this:
make[2]: Entering directory `/usr/src/linux-2.0.36/fs'
gcc -D__KERNEL__ -I/usr/src/linux-2.0.36/include -Wall -Wstrict-prototypes -
O2 -fomit-frame-pointer -fno-strength-reduce -pipe -m486 -DCPU=486 -DMODVERS
IONS -DEXPORT_SYMTAB -c nls.c
nls.c: In function `init_nls':
nls.c:507: warning: implicit declaration of function `init_nls_koi8_r'
gcc -D__KERNEL__ -I/usr/src/linux-2.0.36/include -Wall -Wstrict-prototypes -
O2 -fomit-frame-pointer -fno-strength-reduce -pipe -m486 -DCPU=486 -DMODVERS
IONS -DEXPORT_SYMTAB -c nls_cp437.c
nls_cp437.c:361: warning: `charset2upper' defined but not used
gcc -D__KERNEL__ -I/usr/src/linux-2.0.36/include -Wall -Wstrict-prototypes -
O2 -fomit-frame-pointer -fno-strength-reduce -pipe -m486 -DCPU=486 -DMODVERS
IONS -DEXPORT_SYMTAB -c nls_cp737.c
nls_cp737.c:289: warning: `charset2upper' defined but not used
gcc -D__KERNEL__ -I/usr/src/linux-2.0.36/include -Wall -Wstrict-prototypes -
O2 -fomit-frame-pointer -fno-strength-reduce -pipe -m486 -DCPU=486 -DMODVERS
IONS -DEXPORT_SYMTAB -c nls_cp775.c
nls_cp775.c:289: warning: `charset2upper' defined but not used
gcc -D__KERNEL__ -I/usr/src/linux-2.0.36/include -Wall -Wstrict-prototypes -
O2 -fomit-frame-pointer -fno-strength-reduce -pipe -m486 -DCPU=486 -DMODVERS
IONS -DEXPORT_SYMTAB -c nls_cp850.c
nls_cp850.c:253: warning: `charset2upper' defined but not used
gcc -D__KERNEL__ -I/usr/src/linux-2.0.36/include -Wall -Wstrict-prototypes -
O2 -fomit-frame-pointer -fno-strength-reduce -pipe -m486 -DCPU=486 -DMODVERS
IONS -DEXPORT_SYMTAB -c nls_cp852.c
nls_cp852.c:253: warning: `charset2upper' defined but not used
gcc -D__KERNEL__ -I/usr/src/linux-2.0.36/include -Wall -Wstrict-prototypes -
O2 -fomit-frame-pointer -fno-strength-reduce -pipe -m486 -DCPU=486 -DMODVERS
IONS -DEXPORT_SYMTAB -c nls_cp855.c
nls_cp855.c:253: warning: `charset2upper' defined but not used
gcc -D__KERNEL__ -I/usr/src/linux-2.0.36/include -Wall -Wstrict-prototypes -
O2 -fomit-frame-pointer -fno-strength-reduce -pipe -m486 -DCPU=486 -DMODVERS
IONS -DEXPORT_SYMTAB -c nls_cp857.c
nls_cp857.c:217: warning: `charset2upper' defined but not used
gcc -D__KERNEL__ -I/usr/src/linux-2.0.36/include -Wall -Wstrict-prototypes -
O2 -fomit-frame-pointer -fno-strength-reduce -pipe -m486 -DCPU=486 -DMODVERS
IONS -DEXPORT_SYMTAB -c nls_cp860.c
nls_cp860.c:325: warning: `charset2upper' defined but not used
gcc -D__KERNEL__ -I/usr/src/linux-2.0.36/include -Wall -Wstrict-prototypes -
O2 -fomit-frame-pointer -fno-strength-reduce -pipe -m486 -DCPU=486 -DMODVERS
IONS -DEXPORT_SYMTAB -c nls_cp861.c
nls_cp861.c:361: warning: `charset2upper' defined but not used
gcc -D__KERNEL__ -I/usr/src/linux-2.0.36/include -Wall -Wstrict-prototypes -
O2 -fomit-frame-pointer -fno-strength-reduce -pipe -m486 -DCPU=486 -DMODVERS
IONS -DEXPORT_SYMTAB -c nls_cp862.c
nls_cp862.c:397: warning: `charset2upper' defined but not used
gcc -D__KERNEL__ -I/usr/src/linux-2.0.36/include -Wall -Wstrict-prototypes -
O2 -fomit-frame-pointer -fno-strength-reduce -pipe -m486 -DCPU=486 -DMODVERS
IONS -DEXPORT_SYMTAB -c nls_cp863.c
nls_cp863.c:361: warning: `charset2upper' defined but not used
gcc -D__KERNEL__ -I/usr/src/linux-2.0.36/include -Wall -Wstrict-prototypes -
O2 -fomit-frame-pointer -fno-strength-reduce -pipe -m486 -DCPU=486 -DMODVERS
IONS -DEXPORT_SYMTAB -c nls_cp864.c
nls_cp864.c:352: warning: `charset2upper' defined but not used
gcc -D__KERNEL__ -I/usr/src/linux-2.0.36/include -Wall -Wstrict-prototypes -
O2 -fomit-frame-pointer -fno-strength-reduce -pipe -m486 -DCPU=486 -DMODVERS
IONS -DEXPORT_SYMTAB -c nls_cp865.c
nls_cp865.c:361: warning: `charset2upper' defined but not used
gcc -D__KERNEL__ -I/usr/src/linux-2.0.36/include -Wall -Wstrict-prototypes -
O2 -fomit-frame-pointer -fno-strength-reduce -pipe -m486 -DCPU=486 -DMODVERS
IONS -DEXPORT_SYMTAB -c nls_cp866.c
nls_cp866.c:289: warning: `charset2upper' defined but not used
gcc -D__KERNEL__ -I/usr/src/linux-2.0.36/include -Wall -Wstrict-prototypes -
O2 -fomit-frame-pointer -fno-strength-reduce -pipe -m486 -DCPU=486 -DMODVERS
IONS -DEXPORT_SYMTAB -c nls_cp869.c
nls_cp869.c:253: warning: `charset2upper' defined but not used
gcc -D__KERNEL__ -I/usr/src/linux-2.0.36/include -Wall -Wstrict-prototypes -
O2 -fomit-frame-pointer -fno-strength-reduce -pipe -m486 -DCPU=486 -DMODVERS
IONS -DEXPORT_SYMTAB -c nls_cp874.c
nls_cp874.c:217: warning: `charset2upper' defined but not used
gcc -D__KERNEL__ -I/usr/src/linux-2.0.36/include -Wall -Wstrict-prototypes -
O2 -fomit-frame-pointer -fno-strength-reduce -pipe -m486 -DCPU=486 -DMODVERS
IONS -DEXPORT_SYMTAB -c nls_iso8859_1.c
nls_iso8859_1.c:138: warning: `charset2upper' defined but not used
gcc -D__KERNEL__ -I/usr/src/linux-2.0.36/include -Wall -Wstrict-prototypes -
O2 -fomit-frame-pointer -fno-strength-reduce -pipe -m486 -DCPU=486 -DMODVERS
IONS -DEXPORT_SYMTAB -c nls_iso8859_2.c
nls_iso8859_2.c:210: warning: `charset2upper' defined but not used
gcc -D__KERNEL__ -I/usr/src/linux-2.0.36/include -Wall -Wstrict-prototypes -
O2 -fomit-frame-pointer -fno-strength-reduce -pipe -m486 -DCPU=486 -DMODVERS
IONS -DEXPORT_SYMTAB -c nls_iso8859_3.c
nls_iso8859_3.c:210: warning: `charset2upper' defined but not used
gcc -D__KERNEL__ -I/usr/src/linux-2.0.36/include -Wall -Wstrict-prototypes -
O2 -fomit-frame-pointer -fno-strength-reduce -pipe -m486 -DCPU=486 -DMODVERS
IONS -DEXPORT_SYMTAB -c nls_iso8859_4.c
nls_iso8859_4.c:210: warning: `charset2upper' defined but not used
gcc -D__KERNEL__ -I/usr/src/linux-2.0.36/include -Wall -Wstrict-prototypes -
O2 -fomit-frame-pointer -fno-strength-reduce -pipe -m486 -DCPU=486 -DMODVERS
IONS -DEXPORT_SYMTAB -c nls_iso8859_5.c
nls_iso8859_5.c:214: warning: `charset2upper' defined but not used
gcc -D__KERNEL__ -I/usr/src/linux-2.0.36/include -Wall -Wstrict-prototypes -
O2 -fomit-frame-pointer -fno-strength-reduce -pipe -m486 -DCPU=486 -DMODVERS
IONS -DEXPORT_SYMTAB -c nls_iso8859_6.c
nls_iso8859_6.c:174: warning: `charset2upper' defined but not used
gcc -D__KERNEL__ -I/usr/src/linux-2.0.36/include -Wall -Wstrict-prototypes -
O2 -fomit-frame-pointer -fno-strength-reduce -pipe -m486 -DCPU=486 -DMODVERS
IONS -DEXPORT_SYMTAB -c nls_iso8859_7.c
nls_iso8859_7.c:250: warning: `charset2upper' defined but not used
gcc -D__KERNEL__ -I/usr/src/linux-2.0.36/include -Wall -Wstrict-prototypes -
O2 -fomit-frame-pointer -fno-strength-reduce -pipe -m486 -DCPU=486 -DMODVERS
IONS -DEXPORT_SYMTAB -c nls_iso8859_8.c
nls_iso8859_8.c:214: warning: `charset2upper' defined but not used
gcc -D__KERNEL__ -I/usr/src/linux-2.0.36/include -Wall -Wstrict-prototypes -
O2 -fomit-frame-pointer -fno-strength-reduce -pipe -m486 -DCPU=486 -DMODVERS
IONS -DEXPORT_SYMTAB -c nls_iso8859_9.c
nls_iso8859_9.c:174: warning: `charset2upper' defined but not used
gcc -D__KERNEL__ -I/usr/src/linux-2.0.36/include -Wall -Wstrict-prototypes -
O2 -fomit-frame-pointer -fno-strength-reduce -pipe -m486 -DCPU=486 -DMODVERS
IONS -DEXPORT_SYMTAB -c nls_koi8_r.c
nls_koi8_r.c:286: warning: `charset2upper' defined but not used
gcc -D__KERNEL__ -I/usr/src/linux-2.0.36/include -Wall -Wstrict-prototypes -
O2 -fomit-frame-pointer -fno-strength-reduce -pipe -m486 -DCPU=486 -c -o
open.o open.c
gcc -D__KERNEL__ -I/usr/src/linux-2.0.36/include -Wall -Wstrict-prototypes -
O2 -fomit-frame-pointer -fno-strength-reduce -pipe -m486 -DCPU=486 -c -o
read_write.o read_write.c
gcc -D__KERNEL__ -I/usr/src/linux-2.0.36/include -Wall -Wstrict-prototypes -
O2 -fomit-frame-pointer -fno-strength-reduce -pipe -m486 -DCPU=486 -c -o
inode.o inode.c
gcc: Internal compiler error: program cc1 got fatal signal 11
make[2]: *** [inode.o] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory `/usr/src/linux-2.0.36/fs'
make[1]: *** [first_rule] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory `/usr/src/linux-2.0.36/fs'
make: *** [linuxsubdirs] Error 2
Any ideas anyone? Thanks in advance!
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Curt McNamee <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
ICQ - 654042
_______________________________________________
Masq maillist - [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Admin requests can be handled at http://www.indyramp.com/masq-list/
or email to [EMAIL PROTECTED]
PLEASE read the HOWTO and search the archives before posting.
You can start your search at http://www.indyramp.com/masq/