/* HINT: Search archives @ http://www.indyramp.com/masq/ before posting! */



> /* HINT: Search archives @ http://www.indyramp.com/masq/ before posting! */

> Is it possible to block ping requests on a masq'd box using ipchains?
> Maybe this is really not an issue.  I am new to this and was thinking if
> this is possible, maybe it could stop one from randomly pinging an
> address and attempting to crack it.

/sbin/ipchains -A input -j DENY -s 0.0.0.0/0 8 -d <your.ip.addy>/32 -p icmp

Will block all icmp echo requests (pings) incoming to you machine. you (I
think can still ping out.

--

      Tim Fletcher                  .~.
                                    /V\       L   I   N   U   X
   [EMAIL PROTECTED]           // \  >Don't fear the penguin<
[EMAIL PROTECTED]       /(   )\
                                   ^^-^^

Who needs a life when there's linux?




_______________________________________________
Masq maillist  -  [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Admin requests can be handled at http://www.indyramp.com/masq-list/
or email to [EMAIL PROTECTED]

PLEASE read the HOWTO and search the archives before posting.
You can start your search at http://www.indyramp.com/masq/

Reply via email to