/* HINT: Search archives @ http://www.indyramp.com/masq/ before posting! */



>I need to masquerade with a specific address, by that I mean that I have
>4 IPs on the computer with the masquerading and I want to chose another
>one that the one on the interface where the packet comes from. It is such
>thing possible somehow through ipchains? or do I have to patch the kernel?


This is possible with IP Source Routing.  This is touched upon in the
HOWTO in the FAQ section but it really doesn't have anything to do
with IP Masq.

        http://www.ecst.csuchico.edu/~dranch/LINUX/IPMASQ

--David


.----------------------------------------------------------------------------.
|  David A. Ranch - Linux/Networking/PC hardware         [EMAIL PROTECTED]  |
!----                                                                    ----!
`----- For more detailed info, see http://www.ecst.csuchico.edu/~dranch -----'


_______________________________________________
Masq maillist  -  [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Admin requests can be handled at http://www.indyramp.com/masq-list/
or email to [EMAIL PROTECTED]

PLEASE read the HOWTO and search the archives before posting.
You can start your search at http://www.indyramp.com/masq/

Reply via email to