/* HINT: Search archives @ http://www.indyramp.com/masq/ before posting! */



Hello

You really should read the how-to
 http://www.redhat.com/mirrors/LDP/HOWTO/mini/IP-Masquerade-1.html ], or if
you want to just jump and get it working, do this [I really do recommend you
read the how-to even if this works for you, especially for security
concerns]:

Add this to /etc/rc.d/rc.local

>>>
ipchains -P forward DENY
ipchains -A forward -s 10.0.0.0/255.0.0.0 -j MASQ

/sbin/depmod -a
/sbin/modprobe ip_masq_ftp
/sbin/modprobe ip_masq_irc
/sbin/modprobe ip_masq_quake
/sbin/modprobe ip_masq_cuseeme
/sbin/modprobe ip_masq_portfw
/sbin/modprobe ip_masq_user
/sbin/modprobe ip_masq_autofw
/sbin/modprobe ip_masq_vdolive
/sbin/modprobe ip_masq_mfw
/sbin/modprobe ip_masq_raudio
<<<

Take out any of the /sbin/modeprobe's you think you won't need.  Also
change:

>>>
FORWARD_IPV4=false
<<<

to

>>>
FORWARD_IPV4=true
<<<

In /etc/sysconfig/network

Now reboot your linux box.

After that, on your Windows boxes set the gateway to the LAN IP Address* of
your Linux box.  On your linux box, you should have one network card going
to the cable modem with a real IP, and the other going to your hub using a
LAN Address [which is the gateway IP for your windows boxes].  Under DNS on
your Windows boxes, you can give them the name of localhost with domain of
localdomain if you wish, and set the DNS servers to your ISPs DNS servers.
With the way I showed you, the best thing to do is set the LAN Address of
your Linux box to something like 10.0.0.1 and set the IPs of the Windows
boxes to something like 10.0.0.2 and 10.0.0.3 etc., with a subnet mask of
255.0.0.0.  I'm telling you this all from memory, I don't think I forgot
anything, but again read the how-to.

Sincerely,

Pankaj Arora
CEO & Chairman
www.paware.com
www.paware.com/pasoft/



* From RCF 1597:

Section 3: Private Address Space

The Internet Assigned Numbers Authority (IANA) has reserved the
following three blocks of the IP address space for private networks:

              10.0.0.0        -   10.255.255.255
              172.16.0.0      -   172.31.255.255
              192.168.0.0     -   192.168.255.255

We will refer to the first block as "24-bit block", the second as
"20-bit block", and to the third as "16-bit" block".  Note that the
first block is nothing but a single class A network number, while the
second block is a set of 16 contiguous class B network numbers, and
third block is a set of 255 contiguous class C network numbers.

----- Original Message -----
From: Rick <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Sunday, July 04, 1999 11:57 PM
Subject: [Masq] RedHat Linux 6.0 Help


> /* HINT: Search archives @ http://www.indyramp.com/masq/ before posting!
*/
>
>
> I am trying to set up masquerading on my Linux 6.0,, I have the 2.2.5
> kernel,,I am on a cable modem and I have that working fine with Linux,,,,I
> want to set up two other machines that are using windows 98 under
> masquerading,,, What do I do from this point? can I use the linuxconf to
set
> these up? Please help,,
>
>
>  Thanks Richard
>
>
>
>
>
>
> _______________________________________________
> Masq maillist  -  [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> Admin requests can be handled at http://www.indyramp.com/masq-list/
> or email to [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>
> PLEASE read the HOWTO and search the archives before posting.
> You can start your search at http://www.indyramp.com/masq/



_______________________________________________
Masq maillist  -  [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Admin requests can be handled at http://www.indyramp.com/masq-list/
or email to [EMAIL PROTECTED]

PLEASE read the HOWTO and search the archives before posting.
You can start your search at http://www.indyramp.com/masq/

Reply via email to