/* HINT: Search archives @ http://www.indyramp.com/masq/ before posting! */
Billy Bath x102 <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> Now, I am unable to connect to NFS server from any system from eithe
> side of the network (private/public). I don't have any other security
> rule implemented yet.
You mean you are trying to connect to an NFS server behind the masq
gateway? Or you are trying to connect to an NFS server *from* behind
the masq? Either way will be problematic.
The NFS protocol relies on RPC, which is hard to masq, because it
changes what ports it uses. The portmapper runs on udp/tcp port 111, so
you would need to forward that, and the mountd grabs a random port
between 511 and 767, I think, so you'd have to find out what port it
grabbed (using rpcinfo -p), and forward that, and then you'd have to
forward the udp port 2048 requests, and MAYBE then things might work.
I've never tried it, and I'm not really set up to try, alas.
--
[EMAIL PROTECTED] (Fuzzy Fox) || "Nothing takes the taste out of peanut
sometimes known as David DeSimone || butter quite like unrequited love."
http://www.dallas.net/~fox/ || -- Charlie Brown
_______________________________________________
Masq maillist - [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Admin requests can be handled at http://www.indyramp.com/masq-list/
or email to [EMAIL PROTECTED]
PLEASE read the HOWTO and search the archives before posting.
You can start your search at http://www.indyramp.com/masq/