/* HINT: Search archives @ http://www.indyramp.com/masq/ before posting! */ Although I respect and understand your position, "modules" is the best that can happen to a kernel or an OS in general. I am sure that Bill would agree with me. Unfortunately, the ip_masq_ftp modules must be loaded in order for FTP to fully operate. Perhaps that will change in the future. For now I suggest you get used to loading modules. You may even make better use of your memory. > -----Original Message----- > From: Doug Clements [SMTP:[EMAIL PROTECTED]] > Sent: Tuesday, July 20, 1999 5:07 PM > To: [EMAIL PROTECTED] > Subject: [Masq] Compiling modules into kernel statically > > /* HINT: Search archives @ http://www.indyramp.com/masq/ before posting! > */ > > > > Greetings, all. Is it possible to compile things like ip_masq_ftp and the > like into the kernel statically? I'm not particularly fond of modules, and > this would be great help, since this is the last thing keeping me from > using static kernels. > > Is there a reason this isn't allowed already? Enlighten me! > > --Doug > > > _______________________________________________ > Masq maillist - [EMAIL PROTECTED] > Admin requests can be handled at http://www.indyramp.com/masq-list/ > or email to [EMAIL PROTECTED] > > PLEASE read the HOWTO and search the archives before posting. > You can start your search at http://www.indyramp.com/masq/ _______________________________________________ Masq maillist - [EMAIL PROTECTED] Admin requests can be handled at http://www.indyramp.com/masq-list/ or email to [EMAIL PROTECTED] PLEASE read the HOWTO and search the archives before posting. You can start your search at http://www.indyramp.com/masq/
