/* HINT: Search archives @ http://www.indyramp.com/masq/ before posting! */



WOOWHOO!!!

It Works!!!

Thanks to all for the suggestions.  The solution is to edit the /etc/conf.modules
file as follows:

    alias eth0 ne
    alias eth1 ne
    options ne io=0x320,0x300 irq=11,10

Thanks again,
Kelly


Charles Shoemaker wrote:

> /* HINT: Search archives @ http://www.indyramp.com/masq/ before posting! */
>
> Somewhere, I read that if you have 2 identical cards, their driver
> must be compiled into the kernel, not a module.  You configure
> each card with an append line in lilo.conf.  (Write again if you need
> help with those parameters.)
>
> I don't know whether the above is still true with kernel 2.2, or
> whether it wass fact or superstition anyway.  Whenever I've needed
> 2 cards, I've always compiled the drivers directly into the kernel,
> and it has always worked.
>
> Date sent:              Tue, 20 Jul 1999 06:32:52 -0500
> From:                   Kelly Scroggins <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> Send reply to:          [EMAIL PROTECTED], [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> Organization:           http://www.linux.org
> To:                     [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> Subject:                [Masq]  Delaying eth1 initialization
>
> > /* HINT: Search archives @ http://www.indyramp.com/masq/ before posting! */
> >
> >
> >
> > I've been trying to make rh5.1 see two NICs.  I've used a few resources
> > such as books and HOWTOs.  (Ethernet-HOWTO-3, and Multilple Ethernet
> > adapters with Linux Mini-HowTo).
> >
> > Well, I believe I'm closer to getting rh51 see two NICs.  They are ne2k
> > clones from different manufacturers.
> >
> > The error I now receive at boot, or re-initializing the network is:
> >         Delaying eth1 initialization.
> >
> > eth0 is initializing and I CAN comunicate with the network. But eth0 is
> > using the "io" and "irq" set for eth1.     See below.
> >
> > So, here are the particulars from the config files (I'm aware of).
> >                         =============
> > The /etc/conf.modules file has the correct info:
> > alias eth0 ne
> > options ne io=0x300 irq=10
> > alias eth1 ne
> > options ne io=0x320 irq=11
> > [maybe I need to give each board virtual name?]
> >                         =============
> > The /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-eth* has the correct info:
> > (too much to list here.  But ipaddr, mask, net, and such are there)
> >                         =============
> > The /etc/sysconfig/network file contains this param:
> > FORWARD_IPV4=true
> >                         =============
> > The /etc/rc.d/rc.local file has this line:
> > ipfwadm -F -a masquerade -S xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx/24 -D 0.0.0.0/0
> >                         =============
> >
> > Any suggestions are welcome and appreciated.
> >
> > Kelly
> >
> >
> > _______________________________________________
> > Masq maillist  -  [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> > Admin requests can be handled at http://www.indyramp.com/masq-list/
> > or email to [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> >
> > PLEASE read the HOWTO and search the archives before posting.
> > You can start your search at http://www.indyramp.com/masq/
>
>
>
> _______________________________________________
> Masq maillist  -  [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> Admin requests can be handled at http://www.indyramp.com/masq-list/
> or email to [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>
> PLEASE read the HOWTO and search the archives before posting.
> You can start your search at http://www.indyramp.com/masq/



_______________________________________________
Masq maillist  -  [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Admin requests can be handled at http://www.indyramp.com/masq-list/
or email to [EMAIL PROTECTED]

PLEASE read the HOWTO and search the archives before posting.
You can start your search at http://www.indyramp.com/masq/

Reply via email to