/* HINT: Search archives @ http://www.indyramp.com/masq/ before posting! */



On Thu, 22 Jul 1999, Doug Clements wrote:

> At 9:34 PM -0700 7/20/99, Audie Pierre wrote:
> >Unfortunately, the ip_masq_ftp modules must be loaded in order for FTP to
> >fully operate. Perhaps that will change in the future. For now I suggest you
> >get used to loading modules. You may even make better use of your memory.
> 
> I'm sure there are technically great things modules do. I was just
> wondering *why* they can't be statically compiled in. Technically.

Well, the simplistic answer is: the person who wrote the code only
wrote it to be used as a module...

I'm sure there's no reason they couldn't be recoded to be monolithic
as well. The changes should be fairly minor.

--
 John Hardin KA7OHZ                               [EMAIL PROTECTED]
 pgpk -a finger://gonzo.wolfenet.com/jhardin    PGP key ID: 0x41EA94F5
 PGP key fingerprint: A3 0C 5B C2 EF 0D 2C E5  E9 BF C8 33 A7 A9 CE 76 
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
  Efficiency can magnify good, but it magnifies evil just as well.
  So, we should not be surprised to find that modern electronic
  communication magnifies stupidity as *efficiently* as it magnifies
  intelligence.  
                                  -- Robert A. Matern
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
   49 days until 9/9/99



_______________________________________________
Masq maillist  -  [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Admin requests can be handled at http://www.indyramp.com/masq-list/
or email to [EMAIL PROTECTED]

PLEASE read the HOWTO and search the archives before posting.
You can start your search at http://www.indyramp.com/masq/

Reply via email to