/* HINT: Search archives @ http://www.indyramp.com/masq/ before posting! */



 
On Tue, 20 Jul 1999, Ed Harris wrote:

> /* HINT: Search archives @ http://www.indyramp.com/masq/ before posting! */
> 
> 
> 
> Hello
> Been an avid linux user since...long ago (93/94), I subscribed to the masq
> list archive, searched the masq archive, and swear I can't find what I'm
> doing wrong.
> Under Slakware kernel 2.0.36, had ip tunnelling set up, ipfwadm set up, so I
> could masq to everywhere in the world except my offfice, which I tunnelled
> to. (another 2.0.36 box there, lucky enuf to have a 8 ip subnet assigned to
> me at home (RHIP ;-) )
> Under Slakware 2.2.5 kernel, using ipchains, I can't seem to tunnel to the
> office anymore.  Makes work at home on the (boo) NT network very unfriendly
> - no domain logins, since my isp 'gives' me a firewall as part of the
> deal...
> Details:
> ipchains -F
> ipchains -X
> ipchains -A forward -i eth1 -j MASQ
> ipchains -A forward -i tunl0 -j ACCEPT
> Eth0 is my internal, eth1 is my ISP (cable modem).
> All comm works fine, even to my office, so then, I:
> ifconfig tunl0 $localip up
> route add -net $officenet netmask $mask gw $remotegw tunl0
> localip is my eth0 interface, officenet is my office subnet(duh), remotegw
> is the linux box in the office
> (still 2.0.36, but I've tried tunnelling to a 2.2.5 box there also, nothing
> changed in the office, only change is the kernel @home.
> tunl0 i'face never has anything but COLLISIONS(lots of them), have no comm
> to/from the office.
> Was I exporting some exotic bug in the 2.0.36 kerenel, or am I missing
> something?
> Thanks for ANY help or suggestions.
> 

I recently ran into a similar problem using the tunl0 interface just after
upgrading to kernel 2.2.x.
Following is the info I found on another thread I subscribe to.

Hope this helps with your issue as well!

Dennis


>
>> Has anyone been able to sucessfully get IPIP encapsulation to work on a
>> 2.2.x kernel? 
>
>  Yup. It's different than before. You need the new /sbin/ip tool to
>configure tunnels. It is needed for a lot of other things too, like policy
>routing, other tunnels, and ipv6...
>
>root@funk:/etc/rc.d#> cat rc.tun-up
>#!/bin/bash
>
>echo "Configuring Amprnet IPIP tunneling...."
>ifconfig tunl0 44.139.39.66 mtu 250 up
>
># Amprnet routing...
>ip route del 44.0.0.0/8
>ip route add 44.0.0.0/8 via 195.148.207.30 dev tunl0 onlink
>
>  The onlink keyword is the important part.
>
>ftp.funet.fi:/pub/mirrors/ftp.inr.ac.ru/ip-routing/iproute2-current.tar.gz
>
>  or directly from ftp.inr.ac.ru (usually slow).
>
>  (btw, my machines are on the 6bone, and have AAAA records on the DNS.
>Should enable apache and proftpd to talk ipv6 some day.)
>
>  - Hessu
>
>





_______________________________________________
Masq maillist  -  [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Admin requests can be handled at http://www.indyramp.com/masq-list/
or email to [EMAIL PROTECTED]

PLEASE read the HOWTO and search the archives before posting.
You can start your search at http://www.indyramp.com/masq/

Reply via email to