/* HINT: Search archives @ http://www.indyramp.com/masq/ before posting! */
Purple Shirt <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> Now I got ICQ to work on my windows box without the IP_masq_mod for it.
> *shakes his head* Why would there be a masq modules for ICQ if it works
> without. Beats me.....
That's a good question. Why indeed? Maybe there really *is* a good
reason for the module.
It has to do with the ICQ protocol. Other ICQ clients are going to want
to connect directly to your client in order to send messages. They
can't do that, though, since your client sits behind a masq firewall.
The ip_masq_icq module makes this possible.
Without the module, other clients will be forced to send through the ICQ
servers to reach you. If this doesn't bother you, then I guess you
don't need the module. Privacy concerns ought to make you think about
it for a while, though. :)
> I got a different problem. I try to use VDOPhone and
> SpeakFreely(http://www.speakfreely.org) on my windows box.
Isn't there a ip_masq_vdolive module? I have no idea if that's related,
though.
--
[EMAIL PROTECTED] (Fuzzy Fox) || "Nothing takes the taste out of peanut
sometimes known as David DeSimone || butter quite like unrequited love."
http://www.dallas.net/~fox/ || -- Charlie Brown
_______________________________________________
Masq maillist - [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Admin requests can be handled at http://www.indyramp.com/masq-list/
or email to [EMAIL PROTECTED]
PLEASE read the HOWTO and search the archives before posting.
You can start your search at http://www.indyramp.com/masq/