/* HINT: Search archives @ http://www.indyramp.com/masq/ before posting! */


David,

>Again, what I was trying to tell you last time is that I believe your
>$intnet variable, in your script, is wrong.  It should not be
>10.0.0.0/0, which is what you posted.  It should be either 10.0.0.0/8,
>or 10.0.0.0/24, whatever conforms to your internal netmask.

        
        I have seen the light.  I was misinterpreting how ipchains was using
the NetMask.  I thought that since I was using all of the class A address
space that I didn't really have a subnetted network (thus no need for a
subnet mask).  After your last message, I went back and read a bit more and
realized (of course now it is very apparent) that I did need the subnet
mask.  Since my internal network is considered class A, I edited the rules
with a /8 netmask and everything is working great.

        Thanks for all of the help.

Scott

_______________________________________________
Masq maillist  -  [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Admin requests can be handled at http://www.indyramp.com/masq-list/ -- THIS INCLUDES 
UNSUBSCRIBING!
or email to [EMAIL PROTECTED]

PLEASE read the HOWTO and search the archives before posting.
You can start your search at http://www.indyramp.com/masq/
Please keep general linux/unix/pc/internet questions off the list.

Reply via email to