/* HINT: Search archives @ http://www.indyramp.com/masq/ before posting! */


Scott Savarese <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> Hmmm...I pulled ipmasqadm isn't in my installation, so I pulled it
> off...It claims that my system doesn't support "portfw"...I imagine it
> is because i am using a 2.0 kernel.

That's right.  The 2.0 tool is called "ipportfw", which requires a
kernel patch to be applied.

A simpler, user-space tool called "redir" might also work for you.  It's
main disadvantage is that the internal server sees all connections as if
they came from the firewall, rather than the real IP address out on the
Internet.

-- 
   [EMAIL PROTECTED] (Fuzzy Fox)      || "Good judgment comes from experience.
sometimes known as David DeSimone  ||  Experience comes from bad judgment."
  http://www.dallas.net/~fox/      ||                 -- Life Lessons

_______________________________________________
Masq maillist  -  [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Admin requests can be handled at http://www.indyramp.com/masq-list/ -- THIS INCLUDES 
UNSUBSCRIBING!
or email to [EMAIL PROTECTED]

PLEASE read the HOWTO and search the archives before posting.
You can start your search at http://www.indyramp.com/masq/
Please keep general linux/unix/pc/internet questions off the list.

Reply via email to