/* HINT: Search archives @ http://www.indyramp.com/masq/ before posting! */


Hi

I am electronic engineer and I started to think about small masquerading box.

Internet will be "supplied" by RS-232 running at 115200bps, full duplex
with Point to Point protocol.

I plan to use Ethernet controller to make access for _only_ 4 "hidden"
machines connected to the local area network. Something like that:

192.168.0.2
192.168.0.3    LAN       |----------My box --------------------|
192.168.0.4 <==========> 192.168.0.1-- 212.244.xxx.xxx == RS-232--->internet
192.168.0.5

Where can I find more detailed information about all rules of masquerading
like

1. Detailed rules of port assigning/changing  when packet goes through
masquerade
2. What to do with normal TCP and what to do with UDP and others ?
3. What will happen if sent request will never come back
4. Which fields of TCP (and others) packet should be processed and what are
all rules.

I need very deep protocol related information. Can anybody help or redirect
me to any PDF document ?

Adam 

_______________________________________________
Masq maillist  -  [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Admin requests can be handled at http://www.indyramp.com/masq-list/ -- THIS INCLUDES 
UNSUBSCRIBING!
or email to [EMAIL PROTECTED]

PLEASE read the HOWTO and search the archives before posting.
You can start your search at http://www.indyramp.com/masq/
Please keep general linux/unix/pc/internet questions off the list.

Reply via email to