/* HINT: Search archives @ http://www.indyramp.com/masq/ before posting! */


Carl Engstrom wrote:
> 
> /* HINT: Search archives @ http://www.indyramp.com/masq/ before posting! */
> 
> Hello all,
> 
> I just upgraded to Red Hat 6.1 and I need a little advice.
> 
> 1)  When I ftp to the my server it still refers to itself as red hat 5.2.
> How do I check which version is actually running?
> 
> 2)  I need to get NetMeeting to run on a masqed 98 client.  what can I do?
> I checked the apps page and the solution was to implement   "ipmasqadm
> autofw -A -r tcp 389 389" in my ruleset.  This was for IP chains, the only
> problem is that there's no ipmasqadm on the system.  what did I miss.  More
> to the point, does anyone have a working solution for idiots like me that
> want to run NetMeeting on Red Hat 6.1 with win 98 clients.  (That's
> NetMeeting 3.0 or greater)

Usually, this works barely, if at all. The problem is that NM transmits the
IP address in the packet body, where masquerading can't replace it.
All I ever got working fully was the chat part of NM. For audio and video,
you need to open your firewall fully by forwarding all ports between 1024 and
65k. NM dynamically chooses ports in this range for audio and video. Even when
I last tried that, I only got audio in one direction.
Your best bet is to use PPTP to connect to a Windows net, and run NM through
that PPTP connection. This is what I am doing.

-Joe
-- 
-------------------------------------------------------------------
Joachim Feise         Ph.D. Student, Information & Computer Science
mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]           http://www.ics.uci.edu/~jfeise/
-------------------------------------------------------------------
Real programmers don't document. If it was hard to write, it should
be hard to understand.

_______________________________________________
Masq maillist  -  [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Admin requests can be handled at http://www.indyramp.com/masq-list/ -- THIS INCLUDES 
UNSUBSCRIBING!
or email to [EMAIL PROTECTED]

PLEASE read the HOWTO and search the archives before posting.
You can start your search at http://www.indyramp.com/masq/
Please keep general linux/unix/pc/internet questions off the list.

Reply via email to