/* HINT: Search archives @ http://www.indyramp.com/masq/ before posting! */


SSH has to be configured at compile time to support
TCP Wrappers.  I recommend you read TrinityOS on how
to compile SSH, do TCP wrappers, etc.

http://www.ecst.csuchico.edu/~dranch/LINUX/index-linux.html

--David


>I am using a linux computer with IP Masq to act as a
>firewall for my other computers.  After looking
>through many papers on system security it was
>suggested that if you want to close the box tight, you
>should enter ALL:ALL in the /etc/host.deny file to
>deny all host.  Does the work only for telnet, ftp,
>etc?? and not SSH???  I have entered ALL:ALL on a line
>as suggested, but am still able to SSH into my box.


.----------------------------------------------------------------------------.
|  David A. Ranch - Linux/Networking/PC hardware         [EMAIL PROTECTED]  |
!----                                                                    ----!
`----- For more detailed info, see http://www.ecst.csuchico.edu/~dranch -----'

_______________________________________________
Masq maillist  -  [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Admin requests can be handled at http://www.indyramp.com/masq-list/ -- THIS INCLUDES 
UNSUBSCRIBING!
or email to [EMAIL PROTECTED]

PLEASE read the HOWTO and search the archives before posting.
You can start your search at http://www.indyramp.com/masq/
Please keep general linux/unix/pc/internet questions off the list.

Reply via email to