/* HINT: Search archives @ http://www.indyramp.com/masq/ before posting! */
This is slightly off topic but I thought I pass it around before I embark on
this project just to make sure I'm on the right path.
My company has a private 10.x.x.x network that is routed to the private
networks of our clients thru Ascend Pipeline 220 boxes using VPNs. Each
location has a private net and a DMZ. There are MS proxies (they already had
this setup before they hired me so dont blame me!) at each site and all the
internet traffic is shipped thru the proxies. All the private traffic (i.e.
from one 10.x.x.x network to another) is routed across the VPNs using the
pipelines.
I want to add the networks at each of our homes to the 10.x.x.x VPN routed
private network my company has. Most of the connections we have at homes are
Cable modems and a few DSLs.
I've already got Linux Firewall with Masquarading setup at home which is
passing internet traffic fine (actually its more than fine, its great!). Now
what I want to do is to use IPSec (Linux FreeS/WAN???) to connect to the
Pipeline 220 in my office and route my 10.x.x.x home netowrk to my office.
Also planning to use IPIP tunnel between our homes so that traffic from my
couleague's house can be routed straight to mine instead of going thru the
Pipeline at work. Most of us are on the same Cable network anyway.
I have already assigned unique 10.x.x.x ips to each private network. I have
setup IPIP tunnels before so I dont anticipate any problems there either.
Its the IPSec to the Pipeline that I'm unsure of.
So here are my questions. Am I wasting my time (and yours) or am I on the
right track here. Anyone has experience in setting something like this up
particularly with an Ascend Pipeline involved?
Thanks,
Shahid
_______________________________________________
Masq maillist - [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Admin requests can be handled at http://www.indyramp.com/masq-list/ -- THIS INCLUDES
UNSUBSCRIBING!
or email to [EMAIL PROTECTED]
PLEASE read the HOWTO and search the archives before posting.
You can start your search at http://www.indyramp.com/masq/
Please keep general linux/unix/pc/internet questions off the list.