/* HINT: Search archives @ http://www.indyramp.com/masq/ before posting! */


Has anyone managed to successfully play a game over mplayer while using
masqerading?

I tried usind the suggested setup from Masq Apps, but to no avail


     ipmasqadm autofw -A -r tcp 8000 8999 -h 192.168.0.2
     ipmasqadm autofw -A -r udp 8000 8999 -h 192.168.0.2

I even messed around with using:

     B=8000
     while [ $B -lt 9000 ]; do
     ipmasqadm portfw -a -P tcp -L $extip $B -R 192.168.0.2 $B
     ipmasqadm portfw -a -P udp -L $extip $B -R 192.168.0.2 $B
     B=`expr $B + 1`
     done

This being based on a script I found in this news groups archives, but
once again to no avail.

The chat client seems to work fine (including the voice chatting), but
when I try to launch a game (either joining or hosting) I am
disconnected from the other players.

Normally I wouldn't use it, but I am kind of addicted to Alien vrs
Predator right now and would love to be able to play online without
having to disconnect the masq machine and reconfiguring my windoz
networking (and reboot 10000 times during the process).  Unfortunatly, I
haven't found any match making services for AvP other than this.

Anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks


--
Daniell Freed
Computer Services
Dewitt, Ross, & Stevens

He who fights with monsters might take care
lest he thereby become a monster.
And if you gaze for long into an abyss,
the abyss gazes also into you.

Beyond Good and Evil
Friedrich Wilhelm Nietzche

_______________________________________________
Masq maillist  -  [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Admin requests can be handled at http://www.indyramp.com/masq-list/ -- THIS INCLUDES 
UNSUBSCRIBING!
or email to [EMAIL PROTECTED]

PLEASE read the HOWTO and search the archives before posting.
You can start your search at http://www.indyramp.com/masq/
Please keep general linux/unix/pc/internet questions off the list.

Reply via email to