/* HINT: Search archives @ http://www.indyramp.com/masq/ before posting! */


I've installed midentd as the README said.. and configured properly...
midentd.conf contains a "0"
midentd.mircusers contains "192.168.0.10" (the IP of my sole win98 machine)

my inetd.conf has the proper line.

I've enabled identd on mirc (and it works when my win98 machine is connected
to the net directly)

but when I try to connect to my regular irc server I get errors like "please
install identd" or similar.

If I use BitchX from the masq machin I can connect with no problems
My midentd.log file is empty (if that helps)
if I comment the midentd line in inetd.conf and reset inetd I can still
connect with BitchX from the masq machine to my irc server.

please help...


-Jonathan

_______________________________________________
Masq maillist  -  [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Admin requests can be handled at http://www.indyramp.com/masq-list/ -- THIS INCLUDES 
UNSUBSCRIBING!
or email to [EMAIL PROTECTED]

PLEASE read the HOWTO and search the archives before posting.
You can start your search at http://www.indyramp.com/masq/
Please keep general linux/unix/pc/internet questions off the list.

Reply via email to