/* HINT: Search archives @ http://www.indyramp.com/masq/ before posting! */ I think I may have an answer to your question, along with another question. It seems my little solution here will only work from the INTERNAL NETWORK, not from an EXTERNAL Network, anyone know what to do to make this work from the INTERNET? I don't know if this is what you want to do, but I use Xwin-32 to view a remote Xsession (Similar to pcAnywhere) over my network all the time. Here's how I accomplish it: Step 1) On the X-win32 machine, setup a new session with the following setup: In X-win32 Utility make the new session as follows: Connect using: XDMCP Host name: Internal IP Address of Linux Box (192.168.0.x) XDMCP Mode = Query Window Settings (Switch to single window) (Save this Session) Now while still in X-win32 Utility goto OPTIONS-->WINDOWS SETTINGS-->SINGLE SETTINGS... Change the HEIGHT/WIDTH to whatever you want. For example, my Linux Box has a cheap 1990 640x480 monitor that will burp if I try and do anything but 640x480x8bit on it, but since this is a remote X-Session, I use a 1024x768 desktop on my Windows machine, since I run the Windows desktop at 1280x1024. This way I can work nicely with other windows on the screen at the same time. So for my choice I have HEIGHT 1024 WIDTH 768. Step 2) Now for changes on the linux box. You really have two choice here, if you run the GUI login screen you are all set to go if you run RH 6.0 or before. If you run RH 6.1 you have to make changes to the file: /etc/X11/xdm/Xaccess Do a search for the line: CHOOSER BROADCAST OLD LINE: # * CHOOSER BROADCAST NEW LINE: * CHOOSER BROADCAST (Your Uncommenting the line) You will need to restart xdm (kill or reboot) If you are not running the GUI login, you will need to load xdm to allow yourself on the win-box to see the linux box login screen. Do this by typing xdm at the console. Unfortunetly this loads xdm at the consoles monitor also, which is nasty for me, so I went to my /etc/X11/xdm/Xservers file and commented out the following line: # :0 local /usr/X11R6/bin/X this way, when I type xdm, I dont get the graphical login on the linux box monitor, only on my X-win32 login. That should get you up and running... I don't think this is a very secure way of connecting to the linux box, but if your not worried about security, it should be fine...I cant seem to connect to the linux box from another computer on the internet, but I think it's due to the IPMasq rules??? Anyone know?? Steve Sobka Steve Sobka Computer Instructor Roscomare Road School, LAUSD [EMAIL PROTECTED] _______________________________________________ Masq maillist - [EMAIL PROTECTED] Admin requests can be handled at http://www.indyramp.com/masq-list/ -- THIS INCLUDES UNSUBSCRIBING! or email to [EMAIL PROTECTED] PLEASE read the HOWTO and search the archives before posting. You can start your search at http://www.indyramp.com/masq/ Please keep general linux/unix/pc/internet questions off the list.
