/* HINT: Search archives @ http://www.indyramp.com/masq/ before posting! */


Check out the "interfaces=" and "bind interfaces " commands in the smb.conf
file. I think this might be what you are looking for.

- Gary

Pankaj Arora wrote:
> 
> /* HINT: Search archives @ http://www.indyramp.com/masq/ before posting! */
> 
> [ Silly me.  I must have used the short-cut key combo that automatically
> sends a message.  Oops -- sorry. ]
> 
> Hello,
> 
> I've had an IP MASQ server setup for some time now -- it has been great.
> Quick question though.  I am now also using SMB on that box and have a share
> setup.  I want to only be able to access the share from within my LAN.
> Password protection is not enough, I want to make it appear as if I don't
> even have SMB running on the interface hooked up to my cable modem -- I was
> told you can't have SMB running on one interface only, and the way around it
> is this IP CHAINS rule:
> 
> ipchains -A input -i eth1 --dport 139 -p tcp -j REJECT
> 
> as where eth1 would be the interface hooked up the the 'net.  The problem is
> that it locked me out of my SMB share from all interfaces -- and IPCHAINS -L
> confirmed that.
> 
> Any ideas?
> 
> Thanks,
> 
> Pankaj Arora
> 
> _______________________________________________
> Masq maillist  -  [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> Admin requests can be handled at http://www.indyramp.com/masq-list/ -- THIS INCLUDES 
>UNSUBSCRIBING!
> or email to [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> 
> PLEASE read the HOWTO and search the archives before posting.
> You can start your search at http://www.indyramp.com/masq/
> Please keep general linux/unix/pc/internet questions off the list.

-- 
_______________________________________________
Edison Information Technologies
P.O. Box 554
Milan, OH  44846-0554
419.499.7040
www.EdisonInfo.com
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
_______________________________________________

_______________________________________________
Masq maillist  -  [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Admin requests can be handled at http://www.indyramp.com/masq-list/ -- THIS INCLUDES 
UNSUBSCRIBING!
or email to [EMAIL PROTECTED]

PLEASE read the HOWTO and search the archives before posting.
You can start your search at http://www.indyramp.com/masq/
Please keep general linux/unix/pc/internet questions off the list.

Reply via email to