/* HINT: Search archives @ http://www.indyramp.com/masq/ before posting! */


>> I'm running Trinity Strong ipfwadm rules on my Linux gateway. Just
>> discovered that I can't upload files, either through FTP or mail
>> attachments. Downloading either works fine though.
> 
> You mean you are trying to FTP or Email attachments OUT of your
> network?  Are you getting any firewall hits in /var/log/messages?
> 
> 
>> Here is an excerpt of some errors in the messages logfile:
>> 
>> Jan 23 17:13:00 barbara pppd[642]: Protocol-Reject for unsupported protocol
>> 0x4f
> 
> Hehehe.. wrong.  These are PPP errors and NOT firewall issues.
> 

Ok. 
I can upload on the Linux gateway but not with my Mac on the LAN.
I can upload files fine with my Macs when I use them to connect directly to
the ISP. I wonder if this could be an OS 9 issue, as I recently upgraded.
Don't remember having this problem before.

This is my ppp options file:

lock
ipcp-accept-local
ipcp-accept-remote
crtscts
asyncmap 20A0000
escape FF
kdebug 0
0.0.0.0:0.0.0.0
defaultroute
debug
mtu 1500
noipdefault
netmask 255.255.255.0

> What type of machine are you dialing into?
> 
Don't know. It's a server on Earthlink's network.


-- 
Randy Perry
Mac Consultant

_______________________________________________
Masq maillist  -  [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Admin requests can be handled at http://www.indyramp.com/masq-list/ -- THIS INCLUDES 
UNSUBSCRIBING!
or email to [EMAIL PROTECTED]

PLEASE read the HOWTO and search the archives before posting.
You can start your search at http://www.indyramp.com/masq/
Please keep general linux/unix/pc/internet questions off the list.

Reply via email to