/* HINT: Search archives @ http://www.indyramp.com/masq/ before posting! */


Fuzzy Fox wrote on Mon, 24 Jan 2000 14:18:54 -0800 (PST)
>
> When you say you "can't", what do you mean?  It hangs?  It fails?  It
> gives an error message?  What actually happens, or doesn't happen?

Actually it sends 18k of data and then stalls. I waited 5 minutes with no
activity, and then aborted.

I discovered it seems to be just certain files that do this. The main file I
had problems with was an AIFC Macintosh type. It's a sound file created with
Iomega's Recordit software. What's odd is, whether I send the file raw, or
in a Stuffit or Zip archive, the stall still happens. Very strange.

Another is a small, 19k tiff file that also stalls. Native photoshop and
Illustrator files go through ok.

Again, with my Mac directly connecting to the ISP uploads all these files
without problems. So I assume this is a Linux issue.

(As I was typing this the 19k file just finished uploading, but it took
several minutes instead of several seconds on a 33.6 modem. The sound file
never got past 18k after 5 minutes.)
-- 
Randy Perry
Mac Consultant

_______________________________________________
Masq maillist  -  [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Admin requests can be handled at http://www.indyramp.com/masq-list/ -- THIS INCLUDES 
UNSUBSCRIBING!
or email to [EMAIL PROTECTED]

PLEASE read the HOWTO and search the archives before posting.
You can start your search at http://www.indyramp.com/masq/
Please keep general linux/unix/pc/internet questions off the list.

Reply via email to