/* HINT: Search archives @ http://www.indyramp.com/masq/ before posting! */
Alain Ganuchaud <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> I wish to log all IPs getting a connection on my http server
> via ipmasqadm portfw through my firewall.
Can't your HTTP server log who connects to it? Since the connections
are masqueraded, the server will be able to log the real IP's of
connecting sessions.
> Unfortunately, I didn't find the same -l parameter as ipchains for
> logging that.
The best I can think of, if you really want to log on the firewall box,
is to set up input rules that accept packets matching a web connect
(i.e. incoming, TCP, dest-port 80, SYN bit), and log the packet with -l.
But I would investigate logging via the http daemon, first.
--
[EMAIL PROTECTED] (Fuzzy Fox) || "Good judgment comes from experience.
sometimes known as David DeSimone || Experience comes from bad judgment."
http://www.dallas.net/~fox/ || -- Life Lessons
_______________________________________________
Masq maillist - [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Admin requests can be handled at http://www.indyramp.com/masq-list/ -- THIS INCLUDES
UNSUBSCRIBING!
or email to [EMAIL PROTECTED]
PLEASE read the HOWTO and search the archives before posting.
You can start your search at http://www.indyramp.com/masq/
Please keep general linux/unix/pc/internet questions off the list.