/* HINT: Search archives @ http://www.indyramp.com/masq/ before posting! */
Many webservers are setup so that once you connect, they tell your browser
to use a specific hostname or IP. When outside your ipmasq gateway, see
if your browser says its trying to connect to *My.Int.IP*. If so, then
you'll want to check your web server's config file. There should be a
setting for this. In appache, its the ServerName setting.
Also, there's a quirk in ipmasq where if you try to connect from
*My.Int.IP* to *My.Ext.IP* on a portforwarded port, then the connection
will never be made. So, if you're testing this from behind your gateway,
its likely that people from outside can get to your webserver, its just
that you can't get to it using the external IP from the internal network.
Jag
On Wed, 19 Jan 2000, Chi Lok Leung wrote:
> /* HINT: Search archives @ http://www.indyramp.com/masq/ before posting! */
>
>
> Inorder to make a web server visible to the outside world, I have to forward
> port 80 to my internal machine.
> so I do:
> ipmasqadm portfw -a -P tcp -L *My.Ext.IP* 80 -R *My.Int.IP* 80
>
> And that did make the the Internal web server visible to out side world.
> BUT when I try to connect to the Web Server internally via the Ext.IP, I
> can't connect.
> eg. http://*My.Ext.IP* <--- Won't work.
> http://*My.Int.IP* <--- That work ofcourse.
>
> Is there a way that I can access the web server by entering the external IP
> on my Masq'ed PC?
> Because I have a domain name registered.
>
> Pls Help.
>
> _______________________________________________
> Masq maillist - [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> Admin requests can be handled at http://www.indyramp.com/masq-list/ -- THIS INCLUDES
>UNSUBSCRIBING!
> or email to [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>
> PLEASE read the HOWTO and search the archives before posting.
> You can start your search at http://www.indyramp.com/masq/
> Please keep general linux/unix/pc/internet questions off the list.
>
--
Who wills,
Can.
Who tries,
Does.
Who loves,
Lives.
--Anne McCaffery
_______________________________________________
Masq maillist - [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Admin requests can be handled at http://www.indyramp.com/masq-list/ -- THIS INCLUDES
UNSUBSCRIBING!
or email to [EMAIL PROTECTED]
PLEASE read the HOWTO and search the archives before posting.
You can start your search at http://www.indyramp.com/masq/
Please keep general linux/unix/pc/internet questions off the list.