/* HINT: Search archives @ http://www.indyramp.com/masq/ before posting! */


 Greetings,

 I have setup up with success IP-Masquerading in my home network. I am
using RedHat Linux 6.1 and my hardware is composed by a PIII with 64Mb
RAM, a 33.6kbps analog modem, and a NIC to the private LAN. The CPU runs
at 500MHz and I have a 128Mb swap partition.

 Though IP-masq works, I have noticed that if I download a file from the
Internet from the linux box, I get reasonable speeds, compatible with my
modem bandwidth. But the same file, downloaded from a PC on the eth0 side,
arrives at a too much low transfer rate.

 I have read some documents concerning this, but they are all too much
incomplete and the problem they mencion could be due to the fact I could
be using a poor machine or few RAM. That is not the case, I think...

 Does someone has any idea where should I start tweaking? Please help!

 Thanks a lot,

 Raul


--
Raul Miguel Pinheiro de Carvalho
ISR - Instituto de Sistemas e Robotica, Porto
e-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

_______________________________________________
Masq maillist  -  [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Admin requests can be handled at http://www.indyramp.com/masq-list/ -- THIS INCLUDES 
UNSUBSCRIBING!
or email to [EMAIL PROTECTED]

PLEASE read the HOWTO and search the archives before posting.
You can start your search at http://www.indyramp.com/masq/
Please keep general linux/unix/pc/internet questions off the list.

Reply via email to