/* HINT: Search archives @ http://www.indyramp.com/masq/ before posting! */


Have been trying to get this working for hours, referring to any docs I can find 
online.

I have an IBM PS/ValuePoint PC here, running Slackware 7 with Kernel 2.2.13. I have
installed 2 RTL8019-based Ethernet NICs, configuring each one - individually - through 
the
DOS config program. One is 0x300, IRQ5, and the other is 0x320, IRQ10.

Booting up Linux, it will only ever see one - if the 0x300 one is installed, that one. 
Any
attempts to configure eth1 - lilo.conf (I even ran LILO before rebooting), 
conf.modules (I
also tried the pre-existing modules.conf), and rc.modules - have been met with the same
kind of futility realized by trying to be productive on a Windows machine.

IFCONFIG doesn't list eth1, and complains if I try to get it to show it.

What am I doing wrong?

-Randy Glenn
E-Mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Web: http://i.am/PICxpert

Currently wondering why I can't get in to Safe Mode - where's a Mac when you need it?


__________________________________________________
Do You Yahoo!?
Talk to your friends online with Yahoo! Messenger.
http://im.yahoo.com

_______________________________________________
Masq maillist  -  [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Admin requests can be handled at http://www.indyramp.com/masq-list/ -- THIS INCLUDES 
UNSUBSCRIBING!
or email to [EMAIL PROTECTED]

PLEASE read the HOWTO and search the archives before posting.
You can start your search at http://www.indyramp.com/masq/
Please keep general linux/unix/pc/internet questions off the list.

Reply via email to