/* HINT: Search archives @ http://www.indyramp.com/masq/ before posting! */


  No, I had been up and running for a month or so. Just
before I read your reply, I had to unblock all my
"DENY" rules, as they were blocking DNS trying to
resolve nameservers. This just started this morning. I
*did* try to change my routing table, I guess that may
have messed things up. I always have difficulties
understanding how route works, and am continually
fighting it. 

Thanks for your help.

--
Tom


Lourdes Jones wrote:

> > # Whack unwanted visitors
> >  /sbin/ipchains -P input ACCEPT
> > /sbin/ipchains -A input -l -i ppp0 -p tcp --dport 31780:31790 -j DENY
> > /sbin/ipchains -A input -l -i ppp0 -p udp --dport 31780:31790 -j DENY
> > /sbin/ipchains -A input -l -i ppp0 -p tcp --dport 21:1024 -j DENY
>                                                     ^^^^^^^
> here you deny them so the immediately following tcp rule for 113 is never
> reached.  Is this a new addition?

_______________________________________________
Masq maillist  -  [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Admin requests can be handled at http://www.indyramp.com/masq-list/ -- THIS INCLUDES 
UNSUBSCRIBING!
or email to [EMAIL PROTECTED]

PLEASE read the HOWTO and search the archives before posting.
You can start your search at http://www.indyramp.com/masq/
Please keep general linux/unix/pc/internet questions off the list.

Reply via email to