/* HINT: Search archives @ http://www.indyramp.com/masq/ before posting! */
I sucessfully have IP Masquarding working with two network cards on
Macmillan Mandrake 6.0 Deluxe. I have the following commands placed at the
end of the /etc/rc.d/rc.local script:
/sbin/ipchains -P forward DENY
/sbin/ipchains -A forward -s 192.168.1.0/24 -j MASQ
/sbin/modprobe ip_masq_ftp
/sbin/modprobe ip_masq_raudio
I'm trying to set up port forwarding to allow PC Anywhere 8.0 to work
through the firewall. I found the below instructions on this WEB site
http://www.tsmservices.com/masq/detailform.php3?104
I tried typing the below instructions as outlined on site above:
ipmasqadm autofw -r tcp 5631 5632 -h www . xxx . yyy . zzz
ipmasqadm was not on my system, so I downloaded the RPM from the site listed
below:
http://juanjox.kernelnotes.org/
file: ipmasqadm-04.2-2.i386.rpm (glibc2 rpm)
I installed the above rpm. I typed in the following command:
ipmasqadm autofw -r tcp 5631 5632 -h www . xxx . yyy . zzz
for www . xxx . yyy . zzz, I substituted 192.168.1.0/24 for my internal
network. Is this correct?
In any case it gave me the following error:
Command must be either -A, -D, or -F
Please provide assistance on the proper method for achieving port forwarding
for PC Anywhere 8.0, and theroy to accommodate other programs behind a
masquaraded machine.
Thanks,
Shawn Martin
_______________________________________________
Masq maillist - [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Admin requests can be handled at http://www.indyramp.com/masq-list/ -- THIS INCLUDES
UNSUBSCRIBING!
or email to [EMAIL PROTECTED]
PLEASE read the HOWTO and search the archives before posting.
You can start your search at http://www.indyramp.com/masq/
Please keep general linux/unix/pc/internet questions off the list.