/* HINT: Search archives @ http://www.indyramp.com/masq/ before posting! */


        I have a question that seems to have eluded most folks in the circles I 
have chatted with so I will bounce it around here.  We currently have a 
WebRamp router that funnels Ethernet traffic bound for the Internet out 2 
modems.  I initially thought that they used binding to bond the 
connections, but then I discovered that I could have 1 of the modems dialed 
to ISP #1 and the other modem connected to ISP #2 and the connection still 
functioned at full speed.
        We have been wanting to get rid of the WebRamp for some time now due to 
unreliability, so I whipped up a Linux box with IPCHAINS and hooked up 2 
modems trying to duplicate the usability of the WebRamp.  After fighting 
with the IPCHAIN rules and the routing table, I finally gave up.  I'm 
assuming that it IS possible, but no one that I have spoken with seems to 
know the secret.  Either the WebRamp is doing some internal "black magic" 
with the traffic which isn't currently possible in Linux or I'm completely 
missing the boat.  Anyone have any pointers?  Even a "I've tried that too 
and failed" would be reassuring for me.  :)


John Clabaugh
Project Engineer
RBB Systems Inc.
8767 Twp. Rd. 513
Shreve, OH 44676
Ph.  (330) 567-2906 ext. 296
FAX  (330) 567-3925
Home (330) 674-4947
mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://www.rbbsystems.com

_______________________________________________
Masq maillist  -  [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Admin requests can be handled at http://www.indyramp.com/masq-list/ -- THIS INCLUDES 
UNSUBSCRIBING!
or email to [EMAIL PROTECTED]

PLEASE read the HOWTO and search the archives before posting.
You can start your search at http://www.indyramp.com/masq/
Please keep general linux/unix/pc/internet questions off the list.

Reply via email to