/* HINT: Search archives @ http://www.indyramp.com/masq/ before posting! */
Hello all,
I have had a MASQ server up and running for several months now.
Over all, it has been good. There are two problems though...
1) I would like to patch X-Windows sessions through. That is,
if I logon from the outside, (first onto the server) then from
there onto the internal machine i.e. 192.168.x.y, I can export
X-Windows sessions. But when I sit in front of my internal
machine i.e.. 192.168.x.y and try to display an X-Session from
a computer at work, I get nothing.
2) A similar problem exists with NetMeeting3. I can send video
and audio out, but when I need to receive audio/video nothing
gets through. (This is disappointing to the grandparents,
who would like to see my son and chat with him.)
All in all, this sounds like the same problem to me. In that the
server that is running RH6 does not correctly handle incoming
data. I have downloaded an RPM of ipmasqadm. When I try to
run it with any autofw specifications, I can no longer log into
my server from the outside. In other words, I have looked for the
rc.firewall (rc.local) settings in the usual places.
Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Peter
------------------------------------------------------------------
Peter V. Amerl
Institute for Space Research,
Dept. of Physics and Astronomy,
University of Calgary
2500 University Drive NW
Calgary, Alberta, T2N 1N4
Ph: 403-220-8769 FAX: 403-282-5016
------------------------------------------------------------------
_______________________________________________
Masq maillist - [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Admin requests can be handled at http://www.indyramp.com/masq-list/ -- THIS INCLUDES
UNSUBSCRIBING!
or email to [EMAIL PROTECTED]
PLEASE read the HOWTO and search the archives before posting.
You can start your search at http://www.indyramp.com/masq/
Please keep general linux/unix/pc/internet questions off the list.