/* HINT: Search archives @ http://www.indyramp.com/masq/ before posting! */


Greg,

>From the router(s) I can ping the local address without difficulty.  The
public address is another matter entirely.  I am including the configs now.

IP MASQ:
ipchains -F input
ipchains -F output
ipchains -F forward
ipchains -P input ACCEPT
ipchains -P output ACCEPT
ipchains -P forward DENY
ipchains -A forward -i eth0 -j MASQ

Phoenix Router:
Building configuration...

Current configuration:
version 11.2
no service password-encryption
no service udp-small-servers
no service tcp-small-servers
!
hostname Router_Phx
!
interface Ethernet0
 ip address 172.16.1.254 255.255.255.0
 ip helper-address 172.16.50.1
!
interface Serial0
 ip address 172.16.40.254 255.255.255.0
 service-module 56k clock source line
 service-module 56k network-type dds
!
 router eigrp 1
 redistribute connected
 network 172.16.0.0
!
ip default-gateway 172.16.1.6
no ip classless
!
line con 0
line vty 0 4
 login
!
end

Tucson Router:
Building configuration...

Current configuration:
!
version 11.2
no service password-encryption
no service udp-small-servers
no service tcp-small-servers
!
hostname Router_Tuc
!
interface Ethernet0
 ip address 172.16.50.253 255.255.255.0
 ip helper-address 172.16.1.3
!
interface Serial0
 ip address 172.16.40.253 255.255.255.0
 no fair-queue
 service-module 56k clock source line
 service-module 56k network-type dds
!
router eigrp 1
 redistribute connected
 network 172.16.0.0
!
no ip classless
!
line con 0
 exec-timeout 0 0
line vty 0 4
 exec-timeout 0 0
 no login
!
end


Regards,
David A. Buechler
Support Services Coordinator,
Data Systems of Arizona, Inc.
Phoenix, Arizona


--  Linux:  Because a 386 is terrible thing to waste.  --
At 10:40 AM 3/20/00 -0800, you wrote:
>/* HINT: Search archives @ http://www.indyramp.com/masq/ before posting! */
>
>
>> -----Original Message-----
>> From: David A. Buechler [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
>> Sent: Monday, March 20, 2000 10:02 AM
>> To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>> Subject: [Masq] IP Masquerading and Cisco 1602 Routers
>> 
>> 
>> /* HINT: Search archives @ http://www.indyramp.com/masq/ 
>> before posting! */
>> 
>> 
>> Overview:
>> Ok,  I've got a pretty basic config.  I am in Phoenix, my 
>> branch office is
>> in Tucson.  I have a 56k line running between them and two Cisco 1602s
>> (Cisco IOS 11.2) on each end.  I also have a 56k line to the 
>> Internet and a
>> linux server running IPMASQ as a network address translator.
>> 
>> Problem:
>> >From the office, IPMASQ works beautifully.  I've had no problems.
>> >From the routers, (and, consequently, from the Tucson 
>> Office) I cannot see
>> the Internet.  No pings; no telnets; no web traffic; nothing. 
>>  I can see
>> and hit everything on the local net, without fail.  Chatted 
>> with Cisco.
>> Cisco claims that the routers are set up correctly due to the 
>> fact that I
>> am able to see everything on the local net and that the 
>> problem must be
>> with my NAT server (the linux box).
>> 
>> Questions:
>> 1.)  Is Cisco lying to me to get me to pay for a support contract?
>
>Dunno, probably not.  Cisco has been good as far as support for me so far.
>
>> 2.)  If not, can this even be done?  If it can, I'm assuming 
>> you'd like to
>> look  at my configs.  I hope you can understand that I would 
>> not like to
>> post them for the world to see, simple, as they may be.  I 
>> will, however,
>> email them upon request.
>
>Strip out the incriminating information from them and post to the list.  For
>private IP address blocks, it doesn't matter, they're private, you can't get
>at them from elsewhere.  For your external IP address/s make something up,
>like aaa.bbb.ccc.ddd, or my.external.ip.address.  As for something helpful,
>can you ping the internal address of your linux masq computer?  How about
>the external address of your linux masq computer?
>       Greg
>
>_______________________________________________
>Masq maillist  -  [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>Admin requests can be handled at http://www.indyramp.com/masq-list/ --
THIS INCLUDES UNSUBSCRIBING!
>or email to [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>
>PLEASE read the HOWTO and search the archives before posting.
>You can start your search at http://www.indyramp.com/masq/
>Please keep general linux/unix/pc/internet questions off the list.

_______________________________________________
Masq maillist  -  [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Admin requests can be handled at http://www.indyramp.com/masq-list/ -- THIS INCLUDES 
UNSUBSCRIBING!
or email to [EMAIL PROTECTED]

PLEASE read the HOWTO and search the archives before posting.
You can start your search at http://www.indyramp.com/masq/
Please keep general linux/unix/pc/internet questions off the list.

Reply via email to