/* HINT: Search archives @ http://www.indyramp.com/masq/ before posting! */


Can someone explain to me why I get the following message in my
/var/log/messages:

Mar 22 12:47:44 primenet kernel: Packet log: input DENY ppp0 PROTO=6
24.1.29.165:80 206.132.48.188:61013 L=40 S=0x00 I=42185 F=0x4000 T=115
(#3) 

I get this when on a very few web sites. One example is 

        http://www.freshmeat.org/ . 

(I know it's freshmeat.com, but I typed .org once and started getting
denials in my log. It's just an example of what causes it.)

The IP Chains I'm using are from 

        http://firewall.langistix.com/ 

Where I got 1.6.2 of his firewalling script.

I'm wondering why some web sites do this and others don't, and if it's
normal for an IP Chains to deny it.(?) 

Thanks,
Mark
http://www.primenet.com/~mfuller/

_______________________________________________
Masq maillist  -  [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Admin requests can be handled at http://www.indyramp.com/masq-list/ -- THIS INCLUDES 
UNSUBSCRIBING!
or email to [EMAIL PROTECTED]

PLEASE read the HOWTO and search the archives before posting.
You can start your search at http://www.indyramp.com/masq/
Please keep general linux/unix/pc/internet questions off the list.

Reply via email to