/* HINT: Search archives @ http://www.indyramp.com/masq/ before posting! */


Hello everyone,
I have setup my Red Hat 6.1 Linux Pentium 166 (32 ram) to IP masquerade a cox@home 
cable connection using 2 of the same ethernet tulip adapters (both Netgear FA-310tx 
cards).  I have them configured and a weak firewall script in etc/rc.d/rc.firewall 
that came from the latest IP Masquerade HOWTO.  My IP address is setup as a static, 
though it is actally DHCP from my @home service, though it is always the same number.  
From my Linux box, I was able to ping both the internel and externel ethernet cards as 
well as the internet computers on the network.  I believe that I was also able to ping 
an externet IP address (as recommended in the HOWTO) because it gave the output 
SOMEWHAT like the following:
  pinging 152.19.254.81 from 24.10.XXX.XXX: 84(54 ms)
..or something like that.  the 152.19.254.81 was the internet IP address 
(metalab.unc.edu) while 24.10.xxx.xxx is my externel ethernet card IP address (from my 
cable @home service)-i used xxx for security reasons, for it gave my true address.  
Anyways, thats all it gave, no more.  after that it just stopped, while it usually 
keeps going.  I also tried to ping the same externel internet IP address on an 
internel computer and it did not work (timed out).
    I get legitimate output from "ifconfig" and everything else too.  I believed that 
my setup was correct, but now i am second guessing.  So my problem is getting ICMP 
masquerading working.  Could you please help me in setting this up?  What should i do 
to finally get this working? Thank you very much.
    -Marc ([EMAIL PROTECTED])

_______________________________________________
Masq maillist  -  [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Admin requests can be handled at http://www.indyramp.com/masq-list/ -- THIS INCLUDES 
UNSUBSCRIBING!
or email to [EMAIL PROTECTED]

PLEASE read the HOWTO and search the archives before posting.
You can start your search at http://www.indyramp.com/masq/
Please keep general linux/unix/pc/internet questions off the list.

Reply via email to