/* HINT: Search archives @ http://www.indyramp.com/masq/ before posting! */


Hey everyone,

I asked this question about a year or so ago and (IIRC) David replied to
it.  I thought everything was fine, but last night I tried again and had
the same problem I'd been having all along, so here goes with the very
short version.

Is it possible to have multiple players from behind the same
masquerading machine play in the same battle.net game (Diablo in this
case) with people not behind that firewall?  If it isn't then we can
stop right here and I'll go on my way.  If it is, then I'll get into the
details of my configuration.  

Config details:
   Diablo 1.07 (on Win98 SE for all machines behind the masq-ing
      machine, Diablo 1.07 on some other Win or Mac platform outside)

   Masq machine:
      Kernel: 2.0.37 <- I've had _way_ too many problems with 2.2 series
                        kernels up to 2.2.14 with some strange NIC
                        timeout bug to move yet.
      + Loose-UDP patch compiled in
      + using ipportfw

Just to make sure I'm saying what I mean to be saying, say I have two
machines 192.168.0.2 and 192.168.0.3 being masqed as 207.210.171.128
(just some random IP from my hosts.deny, but for argument sake).  I want
to either start up a game on 192.168.0.2 or connect to an externally
created game.  Then I want to connect to the same game from 192.168.0.3.
Am I wasting my time?

Thanks.

-- 
-Joe MacDonald.
------------------------------------------------------------------------
X windows:
        Our bugs run faster.

_______________________________________________
Masq maillist  -  [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Admin requests can be handled at http://www.indyramp.com/masq-list/ -- THIS INCLUDES 
UNSUBSCRIBING!
or email to [EMAIL PROTECTED]

PLEASE read the HOWTO and search the archives before posting.
You can start your search at http://www.indyramp.com/masq/
Please keep general linux/unix/pc/internet questions off the list.

Reply via email to