/* HINT: Search archives @ http://www.indyramp.com/masq/ before posting! */


On Thu, 06 Apr 2000, @home-engstrom wrote:

> /* HINT: Search archives @ http://www.indyramp.com/masq/ before posting! */
> 
> 
> I'm trying to send a ShoutCast Audio stream out of my firewall and I'm
> hoping someone has the right IPCHAINS rule to allow this.
> 
> I'm running RH 6.1 with the TrinityOS Firewall installed. On the Masq server
> I'm running Icecast and Shout (shoutcast) audio streamers.  When I start the
> processes, I can access the stream on my internal network, but not outside.
> I know there must be some rule for allowing traffic out of the masq server
> on ports 8000 and 8001 (those uesd by ice).

What you're wanting is portforwarding.  This allows anything sent to
port X on your firewall to be sent to whatever port you want on a
specified internal machine.  ipchains doesn't do this, but the program
ipmasqadm will do it for you.

Jag

_______________________________________________
Masq maillist  -  [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Admin requests can be handled at http://www.indyramp.com/masq-list/ -- THIS INCLUDES 
UNSUBSCRIBING!
or email to [EMAIL PROTECTED]

PLEASE read the HOWTO and search the archives before posting.
You can start your search at http://www.indyramp.com/masq/
Please keep general linux/unix/pc/internet questions off the list.

Reply via email to