/* HINT: Search archives @ http://www.indyramp.com/masq/ before posting! */
I am really unclear as to why I would need to forward external traffic from
eth0 to anywhere. If I simply ACCEPT any packets with some rule like,
ipchains -A input -i eth0 -p tcp -j ACCEPT -d $extip 8000:80001
won't that allow my server, the same server that is running the firewall, to
open a tcp socket and allow the connection?
I could see port forwarding if I had a different server inside the network
that was streaming the data, but the data is coming off my IP MASQ server.
P.S. here are the error logs I'm seeing when my external client tries to
connect to port 8000.
Apr 14 14:55:00 localhost kernel: Packet log: input REJECT eth0 PROTO=6
206.16.199.98:1477 24.16.83.144:8000 L=48 S=0x00 I=3901 F=0x4000 T=113 SYN
(#41)
Apr 14 14:55:03 localhost kernel: Packet log: input REJECT eth0 PROTO=6
206.16.199.98:1477 24.16.83.144:8000 L=48 S=0x00 I=4669 F=0x4000 T=113 SYN
(#41)
Apr 14 14:55:09 localhost kernel: Packet log: input REJECT eth0 PROTO=6
206.16.199.98:1477 24.16.83.144:8000 L=48 S=0x00 I=5437 F=0x4000 T=113 SYN
(#41)
Apr 14 14:55:21 localhost kernel: Packet log: input REJECT eth0 PROTO=6
206.16.199.98:1477 24.16.83.144:8000 L=48 S=0x00 I=6205 F=0x4000 T=113 SYN
(#41)
I tried to open the port up using
ipchains -A input -i eth0 -p tcp -j ACCEPT -d $extip 8000:80001
but I think that there might be some other conflicting rule somewhere in the
wall....I'll keep looking.
Thanks for the help
----- Original Message -----
From: "Jag" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "IP Masquerading Indyramp" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Thursday, April 13, 2000 4:28 AM
Subject: Re: [Masq] How do I open Port 8000 for traffic
> /* HINT: Search archives @ http://www.indyramp.com/masq/ before posting!
*/
>
>
> On Wed, 12 Apr 2000, @home-engstrom wrote:
>
> > /* HINT: Search archives @ http://www.indyramp.com/masq/ before posting!
*/
> >
> >
> > I've made several horrible attempts at this, and as yet I can't get it
> > right.
> >
> > I'm trying to figure out the correct IPCHAINS ruleset to allow traffic
in on
> > port 8000 and 8001 so that people can connect to an ICECAST audio stream
> > that I'm sending out of the server on that port.
> >
> Simple answer, ipchains won't do it. You need the program ipmasqadm
> which will allow you to setup port forwarding (which is what you want).
>
> Jag
>
> _______________________________________________
> Masq maillist - [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> Admin requests can be handled at http://www.indyramp.com/masq-list/ --
THIS INCLUDES UNSUBSCRIBING!
> or email to [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>
> PLEASE read the HOWTO and search the archives before posting.
> You can start your search at http://www.indyramp.com/masq/
> Please keep general linux/unix/pc/internet questions off the list.
_______________________________________________
Masq maillist - [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Admin requests can be handled at http://www.indyramp.com/masq-list/ -- THIS INCLUDES
UNSUBSCRIBING!
or email to [EMAIL PROTECTED]
PLEASE read the HOWTO and search the archives before posting.
You can start your search at http://www.indyramp.com/masq/
Please keep general linux/unix/pc/internet questions off the list.