/* HINT: Search archives @ http://www.indyramp.com/masq/ before posting! */


After working for two days on this, I'm giving up and asking the list. :) I'm
running RH 5.2, with the 2.036 kernel. I'm trying to run a Half Life server on
an NT machine that is masq'd (192.168.0.20). The RH machine has 2 nics, one is
connected to a cable modem, the other (192.168.0.1) runs to my hub. I searched
the archives first, and it looked like all I needed to do was forward port
27015 - well, first try didn't work, so I ended up putting a port sniffer on
the RH box, and one on the Win98 box (192.168.0.10) which is supposed to be
the Half Life Client. On the Win 98 box, it looked like the client was using
27005, so I forwarded that port. On the RH side, I don't see where any of the
UDP ports are coming across, except 137 & 138, so I forwarded them, too. I
used iplogger and TCPDUMP to look, iplogger is supposed to log all UDP ports.
I'm stumped. Out of desperation, I even forward the ports on the NIC that's
connected to my hub. Here is my (simple) firewall ruleset:

/sbin/ipfwadm -F -p masquerade
/sbin/ipfwadm -F -p deny
/sbin/ipfwadm -F -a m -S 192.168.0.0/24 -D 0.0.0.0/0

and here are the entries into ipportfw (9.9.9.9 is "my" IP):

/usr/local/sbin/ipportfw -A -t 192.168.0.1/137 -R 192.168.0.20/137
/usr/local/sbin/ipportfw -A -u 192.168.0.1/137 -R 192.168.0.20/137

/usr/local/sbin/ipportfw -A -t 9.9.9.9/137 -R 192.168.0.20/137
/usr/local/sbin/ipportfw -A -u 9.9.9.9/137 -R 192.168.0.20/137

/usr/local/sbin/ipportfw -A -t 192.168.0.1/138 -R 192.168.0.20/138
/usr/local/sbin/ipportfw -A -u 192.168.0.1/138 -R 192.168.0.20/138

/usr/local/sbin/ipportfw -A -t 9.9.9.9/138 -R 192.168.0.20/138
/usr/local/sbin/ipportfw -A -u 9.9.9.9/138 -R 192.168.0.20/138

/usr/local/sbin/ipportfw -A -t 192.168.0.1/27015 -R 192.168.0.20/27015
/usr/local/sbin/ipportfw -A -u 192.168.0.1/27015 -R 192.168.0.20/27015

/usr/local/sbin/ipportfw -A -t 9.9.9.9/27015 -R 192.168.0.20/27015
/usr/local/sbin/ipportfw -A -u 9.9.9.9/27015 -R 192.168.0.20/27015

/usr/local/sbin/ipportfw -A -t 192.168.0.1/27005 -R 192.168.0.20/27005
/usr/local/sbin/ipportfw -A -u 192.168.0.1/27005 -R 192.168.0.20/27005

/usr/local/sbin/ipportfw -A -t 9.9.9.9/27005 -R 192.168.0.20/27005
/usr/local/sbin/ipportfw -A -u 9.9.9.9/27005 -R 192.168.0.20/27005

Any ideas on how to fix this, or what do check next?

Thanks in advance,

James Reese
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

_______________________________________________
Masq maillist  -  [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Admin requests can be handled at http://www.indyramp.com/masq-list/ -- THIS INCLUDES 
UNSUBSCRIBING!
or email to [EMAIL PROTECTED]

PLEASE read the HOWTO and search the archives before posting.
You can start your search at http://www.indyramp.com/masq/
Please keep general linux/unix/pc/internet questions off the list.

Reply via email to