/* HINT: Search archives @ http://www.indyramp.com/masq/ before posting! */


I missed the port forwarding line!

The "-p tcp" is not needed if he does not want to specify packet types
explicity.

-JMS

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]On Behalf
Of Joao Neves
Sent: Thursday, April 27, 2000 9:02 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Cc: Quasar; Masq Mailing List
Subject: Re: [Masq] FTP via Browser (again? ;) )


/* HINT: Search archives @ http://www.indyramp.com/masq/ before posting! */


I see two things.....

1) Shouldn't you replace the last line in you ipchains with: 'ipchains -A
forward -s 192.168.0.0/24 -p
tcp -j MASQ'  ?

2) I would also drop the portfw line for port 21 and make sure you have the
ip_masq_ftp module loaded.

Joao.

"Jose M. Sanchez" wrote:

> /* HINT: Search archives @ http://www.indyramp.com/masq/ before posting!
*/
>
> I had this problem some time ago.
>
> I finally traced it down to the presence of some (unknown) library which
was
> left over from a previous version of RedHat.
>
> I was running 6.0 at the time, when this first occured.
>
> I ended up performing a clean re-installation (formatting the partitions)
> and setting things up again. The problem disappeared after this.
>
> -JMS
>
> -----Original Message-----
> From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]On Behalf
> Of Quasar
> Sent: Wednesday, April 26, 2000 6:03 AM
> To: Masq Mailing List
> Subject: [Masq] FTP via Browser (again? ;) )
>
> /* HINT: Search archives @ http://www.indyramp.com/masq/ before posting!
*/
>
> Hi!
>
> I've checked the paste issues about this problem, but yet, I've got
problem
> :(
>
> I'm running  a firewall linux box with RH 6.1 adn kernel 2.2.14. The PC is
> an old 486 with 16Mb RAM with, of course, 2 NICs.
> This is my rc.firewall
> -----------------------------------------------------
> [root@firewall rc.d]# cat rc.firewall
> /sbin/depmod -a
> /sbin/modprobe ip_masq_ftp
>
> echo "1" > /proc/sys/net/ipv4/ip_forward
> echo "1" > /proc/sys/net/ipv4/ip_always_defrag
>
> ipchains -F input
> ipchains -F output
> ipchains -F forward
> ipchains -P input ACCEPT
> ipchains -P forward REJECT
> ipchains -P output ACCEPT
> ipchains -A forward -s 192.168.0.1/24 -j MASQ
>
> ipmasqadm portfw -f
> ipmasqadm portfw -a -P tcp -L 26.20.128.254 80 -R 192.168.0.200 80
> ipmasqadm portfw -a -P tcp -L 26.20.128.254 23 -R 192.168.0.200 23
> ipmasqadm portfw -a -P tcp -L 26.20.128.254 110 -R 192.168.0.200 110
> ipmasqadm portfw -a -P tcp -L 26.20.128.254 25 -R 192.168.0.200 25
> ipmasqadm portfw -a -P tcp -L 26.20.128.254 21 -R 192.168.0.200 21
> ipmasqadm portfw -a -P tcp -L 26.20.128.254 389 -R 192.168.0.200 389
> -----------------------------------------------------
>
> Everything is working fine, www, pop, smtp, ldap, ecc.. The only problem
is
> about ftp but only when accessed by web browser (both NS and IE5 give the
> problems). I can see the files on the server, but can't download them.
> The problem is that the remote client try to open the IP on the internal
> LAN, not the IP on the firewall.
>
> If I use a real ftp-client it's all ok.
>
> How to solve this problem? Anyone can please help me?
>
> Thanks in advance.
>
> Best Regards,
> Giuseppe Calignano
> [EMAIL PROTECTED] (internet)
> Gruppo Informatico DRE - Veneto
> Tel. 041-5311364
> ITALY
>
> _______________________________________________
> Masq maillist  -  [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> Admin requests can be handled at http://www.indyramp.com/masq-list/ --
THIS
> INCLUDES UNSUBSCRIBING!
> or email to [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>
> PLEASE read the HOWTO and search the archives before posting.
> You can start your search at http://www.indyramp.com/masq/
> Please keep general linux/unix/pc/internet questions off the list.
>
> _______________________________________________
> Masq maillist  -  [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> Admin requests can be handled at http://www.indyramp.com/masq-list/ --
THIS INCLUDES UNSUBSCRIBING!
> or email to [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>
> PLEASE read the HOWTO and search the archives before posting.
> You can start your search at http://www.indyramp.com/masq/
> Please keep general linux/unix/pc/internet questions off the list.

_______________________________________________
Masq maillist  -  [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Admin requests can be handled at http://www.indyramp.com/masq-list/ -- THIS
INCLUDES UNSUBSCRIBING!
or email to [EMAIL PROTECTED]

PLEASE read the HOWTO and search the archives before posting.
You can start your search at http://www.indyramp.com/masq/
Please keep general linux/unix/pc/internet questions off the list.

_______________________________________________
Masq maillist  -  [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Admin requests can be handled at http://www.indyramp.com/masq-list/ -- THIS INCLUDES 
UNSUBSCRIBING!
or email to [EMAIL PROTECTED]

PLEASE read the HOWTO and search the archives before posting.
You can start your search at http://www.indyramp.com/masq/
Please keep general linux/unix/pc/internet questions off the list.

Reply via email to