/* HINT: Search archives @ http://www.indyramp.com/masq/ before posting! */


Hi!

I have a linux server that is connected to the internet by a dial-on-
demand connection. There are three Windows clients which are masqed
by this server.
After a Windows client has been online and the connection has been
closed, the server starts dialling again after some time. There is no
program running on the client which needs to have a connection to the
internet (I think).

There was a mail in the archive about this topic. It said that I just
have to deny all packets from port 137 (SMB) to the outside world.
But this didn't solve my problem.

Here is a part of my logfile:
> Apr 18 20:07:21 server kernel: Packet log: input - eth0 PROTO=17 192.168.10.1:138 
>192.168.10.255:138 L=217 S=0x00 I=482 F=0x0000 T=64 (#1)
> Apr 18 20:07:23 server kernel: Packet log: input - eth0 PROTO=17 192.168.10.20:1135 
>195.243.188.5:53 L=59 S=0x00 I=23309 F=0x0000 T=32 (#1)
> Apr 18 20:07:23 server kernel: OPEN: 192.168.10.99 -> 195.243.188.5 UDP, port: 61097 
>-> 53
> Apr 18 20:07:23 server kernel: ippp0: dialing 1 0215255...

(192.168.10.x is my LAN
 192.168.10.20 is one of the Win clients
 195.243.188.5 is my ISP's nameserver)

What does the port 1135 usually do? Can I just deny all packets from 
this port? Why does Windows send these packets? Is there another
solution?


Thanks,
  Thomas

_______________________________________________
Masq maillist  -  [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Admin requests can be handled at http://www.indyramp.com/masq-list/ -- THIS INCLUDES 
UNSUBSCRIBING!
or email to [EMAIL PROTECTED]

PLEASE read the HOWTO and search the archives before posting.
You can start your search at http://www.indyramp.com/masq/
Please keep general linux/unix/pc/internet questions off the list.

Reply via email to