/* HINT: Search archives @ http://www.indyramp.com/masq/ before posting! */


> ipchains can't do this but if you go to
> http://www.zip.com.au/~raf2/lib/software/firewall
> and download the latest version, you'll find a
> utility called dns2ip which reads stdin, replacing
> all domain names with their corresponding ip address(es).

 I've seen this, but this is not what I need. dns2ip makes DNS queries,
thus activating the line...

 any more ideas? It seems very *unusefull* to the dial on demand user a
piece of software that do not filter by host name..

 There should be a way of filtering by hostname first in the kernel
(without knowing the IP). If someone filters by name, th IP shouldn't be
necessary at all..

 If I load netscape and goto www.playboy.com I want this address to be
bloked, thus iot makes no sense knowing it's IP to filter it by IP!! Why
not by hostname? Why not both?

  Can I filter DNS queries of a specified hostname?

 Any one?

 Thanks,
 Raul

> 
> this will let you write your firewall scripts using domain
> names, filter them through dns2ip, and then execute the result.
> you'll have to rerun dns2ip over the script regularly to catch
> ip address changes.
> 
> raf
> 
> _______________________________________________
> Masq maillist  -  [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> Admin requests can be handled at http://www.indyramp.com/masq-list/ -- THIS INCLUDES 
>UNSUBSCRIBING!
> or email to [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> 
> PLEASE read the HOWTO and search the archives before posting.
> You can start your search at http://www.indyramp.com/masq/
> Please keep general linux/unix/pc/internet questions off the list.

_______________________________________________
Masq maillist  -  [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Admin requests can be handled at http://www.indyramp.com/masq-list/ -- THIS INCLUDES 
UNSUBSCRIBING!
or email to [EMAIL PROTECTED]

PLEASE read the HOWTO and search the archives before posting.
You can start your search at http://www.indyramp.com/masq/
Please keep general linux/unix/pc/internet questions off the list.

Reply via email to