/* HINT: Search archives @ http://www.indyramp.com/masq/ before posting! */


I operate a small ISP, and am using IP Masq to masquerade a high-speed
wireless network. Obviously, I have people who have problems using
certain applications like Dialpad, Net2phone, certain games, etc.  One
of my competitors recently rolled out a DSL network that is NAT'ed using
a Cisco router.  Interestingly, some of the applications that do not
seem to work from behind my Masq machine work fine behind their Cisco
NAT router.  Napster and Diablo are the two primary examples that I know
of.  I can get Napster to work so long as I tell it to use my SOCKS5
proxy.  But even then, it has problems when connecting to other
firewalled users.  However, with my competitor's Cisco system, no
additional settings are required, and it never complains about
anything.  I'm not sure about others.  Anyway, does anyone know why this
would be?  My impression was that essentially IPMasq and NAT
implementations are functionally pretty much the same.  Any idea why the
difference?

Craig

_______________________________________________
Masq maillist  -  [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Admin requests can be handled at http://www.indyramp.com/masq-list/ -- THIS INCLUDES 
UNSUBSCRIBING!
or email to [EMAIL PROTECTED]

PLEASE read the HOWTO and search the archives before posting.
You can start your search at http://www.indyramp.com/masq/
Please keep general linux/unix/pc/internet questions off the list.

Reply via email to