/* HINT: Search archives @ http://www.indyramp.com/masq/ before posting! */


        Hello,

On Fri, 5 May 2000, David Nedved wrote:

> /* HINT: Search archives @ http://www.indyramp.com/masq/ before posting! */
> 
> 
> Hi All,
> 
> I've scoured the latest version of the IP-MASQ Howto (great document
> even if a little old...) and also all the text files I've found with
> the 2.2.15 kernel release, and am still unclear as to what IP-MASQ
> changes have made it into the 2.2.15 kernel.  I'm in the process of
> trying to live with two of the major bugs/features/etc in the IP-MASQ
> code from a few kernels back:
> 
> 1.) breaks with packets with DF set and MTU/MRU < 1500

        Are these problems for mport < 61000 or with any masqueraded
port? There is a known problem with mport < 61000. This includes
connections created from portfw, mfw and autofw masq modules not
to receive some ICMP messages in the internal host. What is your case?

> 2.) lack of support for GRE (micros~1 PPTP)

        Can't comment here :( Do you know about John Hardin's
VPN masquerade?:

http://www.wolfenet.com/~jhardin/ip_masq_vpn.html

> 
> Can someone please either enlighten me or point me to where I can be
> enlightened as to whether these two fixes are in 2.2.15 code, if not
> which patches I should apply for 2.2.15 and where to find them, or if
> it's too much trouble in 2.2.15, which backdated kernel should I be
> using?

        If you explain your problem I can send you a test patch for the
Path MTU discovery problem.

> 
> IP-MASQ works great, but I have to set the MTU to 1500 to get all the
> web pages to work, and Q3A is unplayable with that MTU :)  It also sure
> would be nice to be able to run GRE across...
> 
> Thanks in advance for any help.  I'm sure the information is out there,
> but I just can't find it... I would be tickled pink if the IP-MASQ in
> 2.2.15 actually worked fully out of the box, but I don't have my
> fingers crossed.

        There are no related changes in 2.2.15. They fix other
MASQ problems.

Regards

--
Julian Anastasov <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

_______________________________________________
Masq maillist  -  [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Admin requests can be handled at http://www.indyramp.com/masq-list/ -- THIS INCLUDES 
UNSUBSCRIBING!
or email to [EMAIL PROTECTED]

PLEASE read the HOWTO and search the archives before posting.
You can start your search at http://www.indyramp.com/masq/
Please keep general linux/unix/pc/internet questions off the list.

Reply via email to