/* HINT: Search archives @ http://www.indyramp.com/masq/ before posting! */


Out of curiosity, do you have TWO NIC's in your Linux Masq box?

>From the sound of it you only have one, and have all of your systems plugged
into a common hub. Is this correct?

If so, you might be getting into a collision situation, where the NIC is
trying to forward the masq'd packets to the Linux machines, but the Linux
machines prevent ACKS from reaching the DSL...

-JMS

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]On Behalf
Of Ryan R. Klems
Sent: Monday, May 08, 2000 2:10 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: [Masq] Problem with linux clients through masq


/* HINT: Search archives @ http://www.indyramp.com/masq/ before posting! */


I have had my IP masquerading/firewall dealy working flawlessly for
about a year now...  Up until yesterday I only had an NT box and a Mac
behind the linux box.  Today I added 2 linux boxes... and they work
fine, right up to trying to access anything outside of the private
network.  If I do a ping or telnet, I get one or two packets and then
nothing.  I've read the howto's and done web searches.  It acts like its
changing its routing midstream and attempting to bypass the linux box,
but routed and gated aren't running, so I dunno how that could be.  I'm
getting pretty frustrated... I know I've had other linux boxes on
masqueraded networks before, and I'm sure others do too... am I
forgetting something?  If I give one of the clients a public address (I
have 7 static IP's for my DSL, but only use 1 and have the rest behind
the firewall) it works fine, and gateways through the DSL modem, but all
hell breaks loose the other way.  Thoughts? Oh btw, just in case, I
upgraded my kernel and tools and everything... still no luck.

TIA,
Ryan

_______________________________________________
Masq maillist  -  [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Admin requests can be handled at http://www.indyramp.com/masq-list/ -- THIS
INCLUDES UNSUBSCRIBING!
or email to [EMAIL PROTECTED]

PLEASE read the HOWTO and search the archives before posting.
You can start your search at http://www.indyramp.com/masq/
Please keep general linux/unix/pc/internet questions off the list.

_______________________________________________
Masq maillist  -  [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Admin requests can be handled at http://www.indyramp.com/masq-list/ -- THIS INCLUDES 
UNSUBSCRIBING!
or email to [EMAIL PROTECTED]

PLEASE read the HOWTO and search the archives before posting.
You can start your search at http://www.indyramp.com/masq/
Please keep general linux/unix/pc/internet questions off the list.

Reply via email to