/* HINT: Search archives @ http://www.indyramp.com/masq/ before posting! */


Hello, 
I'm new of this list, I hope to post interesting questions :-)

Well, I have some troubles with masquerading, port forwarding, ftp and
browser.

That's my configuration.


 INTERNET <-----> Firewall <-----> 192.168.0.2 
                  ^      ^    |--> 192.168.0.3
                  |      |    |--> 192.168.0.4 (server ftp)     
                  |      |    |--> ...
                  |      |
eth0 (212.177.19.243)    |-- eth1 (192.168.0.1)
     
(sorry, I'm not an ascii artist ;-)

I have also IP aliasing, where eth0:2 is 212.177.19.241, the public IP for
my server ftp (192.168.0.4 in my LAN).

And I have port forwarding enabled, too, with ipmasqadm.

This is the output of ipchains -L

(input)
ACCEPT tcp ------ anywhere        212.177.19.241  any -> ftp-data
ACCEPT tcp ------ anywhere        212.177.19.241  any -> ftp
(output)
ACCEPT tcp !y---- 212.177.19.241  anywhere        ftp-data -> any
ACCEPT tcp !y---- 212.177.19.241  anywhere        ftp -> any

And this is ipmasqadm portfw -l

TCP  212.177.19.241  192.168.0.4 ftp      ftp       9  10
TCP  212.177.19.241  192.168.0.4 ftp-data ftp-data  10 10

I think that's right, it works well when I try to connect to my ftp server
with an ftp client, but I have troubles when I try to connect to the same
server with a browser, I have to wait a lot of time before receive the
directory list.

This is what netstat says in my ftp server...

tcp  0 0 192.168.0.4:ftp-data  212.177.19.105:1466 FIN_WAIT2
tcp  0 0 192.168.0.4:ftp       212.177.19.105:1464 ESTABLISHED

And this is another netstat, from the remote host

tcp  0 0 212.177.19.105:1466  212.177.19.243:61744 CLOSE_WAIT
tcp  0 0 212.177.19.105:1464  212.177.19.241:ftp   ESTABLISHED

And this is netstat -M, in the firewall/gateway

tcp 101:27.86 192.168.0.4  212.177.19.105  ftp -> 1464 (ftp)
tcp   0:00.74 192.168.0.4  212.177.19.105  ftp-data -> 1466 (62130)

I don't really know... there is 212.177.19.243 in the second netstat
instead of 212.177.19.241, is it the problem? how to correct it?

Thanks for your answer, sorry for my long message.

-- 
* Manuele Rampazzo - [EMAIL PROTECTED]       *
* Thurma Enterprise Services s.r.l.        *
* Via dei Piatti, 4 - 20123 Milano - Italy *
* Tel: +39.0272094336                      *
* Fax: +39.02861749                        *

_______________________________________________
Masq maillist  -  [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Admin requests can be handled at http://www.indyramp.com/masq-list/ -- THIS INCLUDES 
UNSUBSCRIBING!
or email to [EMAIL PROTECTED]

PLEASE read the HOWTO and search the archives before posting.
You can start your search at http://www.indyramp.com/masq/
Please keep general linux/unix/pc/internet questions off the list.

Reply via email to